Chapter 10: Greed

I was already late for Monday practice because my Sunday's night had been long. Sarah had insisted on going for a walk which ended up being a trip to the downtown until midnight. Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely great but having classes after five hours of sleep was NOT enjoyable. We had to sneak out though because the dorms closed at 1 AM and we came back at almost 4 AM.

When I entered the Ballet building I saw Matthew holding the door for me. I smiled at him and got in without hesitating. Katarina hadn't arrived yet so I sighed with relief. I felt Matthew's hands rubbing my lower back and I tensed at his touch, he furrowed his eyebrows at me, I couldn't really tell why it made me so uneasy to feel him.

When he didn't take his hands off I shrugged on purpose so he would get the hint, but he didn't.

"Take your hands out of her" My eyes widened at Sebastian's cold tone. Matthew laughed not taking his words for real and he tried to push me to the shelves so we could skip him. "Seriously, don't you see she doesn't want you touching her?" I scoffed and Matthew finally let go of me only to stare at Sebastian.

"Why don't you mind your own fucking business, dude" His voice was even scarier. "Last time I checked you are not her bodyguard" I saw how Sebastian was tightening his fist.

"Wooow, wow, okay relax" I said swallowing before speaking again. "I'm fine" My gaze fell to my feet.

It seemed like they wanted to keep up with the fight but Katarina entered making everybody stop what they were doing. I freezed knowing I hadn't had time to put on my pointe shoes. The rest of the class went to the barre while I stood in between the lockers and the actual room. Katarina slowly nodded to let me go and put on them, I smiled gratefully and went there while she spoke to the rest about their choreographies and stuff.

When I was ready I went back to the barre with all of them. Matthew was looking at me, smiling, but Sebastian had a cold stare in both of us. I couldn't resist feeling intimidated. My thoughts were quickly interrupted by Katarina's announcement about the duo competition.

"Last week before we present. How are you guys doing with everything?" I smiled triumphantly to know that we had already finished the choreographie and it was only a matter of practice to fully dominate the dance. After a quick recap about our state Katarina glanced at all of us and clapped her hands animatedly.

"I'm really happy for everyone and I'm very excited for the rip off on Friday. If you want you can go to your pairs and practice a bit but if you want to leave that's totally fine with me," I wanted to practice but I saw that Matthew didn't.

He came up to me and gave a lame excuse about a homework or something. I didn't want to fight even though it pissed me off that he did that. It wasn't that I didn't like him or that our dance wasn't good enough but having a partner that never took things seriously was a pain in the ass.

(...)

I went to the grand stage to see if there was anybody there. Surprisingly I saw both Maia and Sebastian practicing. I stood still in the entrance. They looked gorgeous together. Maia was tall and beautiful, with curly brown hair that hung down her body neatly. She had big and soft curves and the leotard hugged them perfectly. She was an absolute model and she seriously danced flawlessly.

I was so concentrated on her and the way she moved around the stage that I didn't even consider Sebastian was dancing besides her. They were a great duo and it wasn't a question why they were always partners, I couldn't cuestion them on that. Suddenly there was a big bang, Maia had fell from Sebastian's grip and she was screaming at him. I literally run up to them which really surprised both of them. Maia stopped screaming and was now holding her ankle, it had been a nasty fall.