Chapter 23: Therapy

Friday came flying and the day I was so not wanting to come was here in an instant. Thursday was a good day but today I was too nervous. All the time I couldn't even concentrate on my classes and Katarina had shouted at me twenty five times. I didn't know why I was so nervous though, it wasn't my first time going to therapy but the absurd idea of someone taking the academy out of me made my stomach sick.

I was exiting my last class with my gaze down, probably because I was in my own world thinking about therapy when a familia but creepy voice called me from behind. I rolled my eyes before turning, this time not hiding my annoyance.

"What now Charles?"

"Did you think about what I told you?" He said with his big ass smile.

"No, I mean, yes, but I don't want to go on a date with you," I explained with difficulty.

"Oh common Agnes, just one chance," He got closer to me. "I swear we can do something fun,"

"Charles I really really can't, I have too much homework and ballet is taking all of my free time," I tried to come up with an excuse.

"Yeah I have theater but that doesn't mean I don't have free time, don't be so stuck up," We were face to face now.

"I'm telling you the truth, if you don't wanna buy it your problem," I sighed "Now, I have somewhere else to go, can you please move,"

He was going to answer something but I just headed out the building without looking after me. Charles always brought me the creepy vibe, being with him caused me always to be alert. I didn't know what made me feel like that but I was going to stick on my intuition with this one and let him know clearly that I wasn't interested in him in any way.  What was this weird obsession anyways? I walked with my books under my arms and with my bag hanging from one shoulder. Dr Brown's office was on campus so I only had to walk for fifteen minutes to get there.

From the outside it looked old, a big sign above the doors said "Dr Brown & Dr Levi's work". It was yellow and the letters were written in red paint. Before entering I put one of my hands to clear my view and see behind the windows, I narrowed my eyes and saw that there was only a reception with someone sitting on the desk and then there were four doors. I swallowed the knot on my throat and with courage entered. The moment I stepped inside, the receptionist's head snapped up and she smiled warmly. 

"Who do we have here sweetie?" She asked, her glasses slipping down from her eyes and resting on her nose. It was the same woman that had received my call the other day, Layla I believed it was. 

"Agnes," I was going to say my last name but she said it first.

"Williams, right, sit here, Dr Brown will call you soon," She signaled the chairs beside her. "I just need to get some of your information before you start,"

I nodded and sat. The chair was comfortable enough. Layla offered me a lemon candy and I accepted it with a smile. It was that kind of candy with the transparent wrapping that you used to get on every doctor appointment as a child. She rearranged her glasses and tapped something one her computer, she flicked her ginger hair behind her shoulder, the sound of the keyboard being the only thing keeping us from the silence. Awkwardly I stayed there, roaming around with my eyes. There were paints hanging from the walls and under them were inscriptions with the painter's names. There were also some trophies and awards inside a cabinet.

"Okay, so this is your first time coming to therapy?" Layla's question brought me back to earth.

"Em, no,"

"Oh, when was the last time you had an appointment," She said surprised.

"About a year ago or something," I said and she typed harshly on the keyboard.