thirteen ; past peek .

we burn like stars , fallen like our shine .

and you picked us up , dimming the cries .
covering the lies , i love you , with all my life .

"Bro ! Where'd you get those bruises ?" asks a student with a name he can't really remember , Amane just laughs off both the question and the thumps of the organ that pumps all the blood his body needs .

With a smile so fake and finalizing , the dark haired just took the papers from his said classmate and walked away , with a , "I fell down the stairs ." to ease the young lad of his curiosity .

They ask , of things that peek their interest , they dig the holes one have wanted to bury . They make it so one is wary of all the things they've been wanting to conceal .

It's such a pain .

That even after all he's struggled to change , even after all the habits he had made to disappear along with the pain of almost a decade in his life , everything just goes back , goes back like a rewind , a replay he never asked for , a tape with no pause or delete , one that can't be burnt and has no means of any discarding .

His eyes flit from the floor with it's mindless stare with no apparent depth , to the vast of a paper slick and thin , white and inked .

A paper so harmless . Yet with one wrong move , can cut your skin so swiftly as it could slide to a mass of water and disappear in shreds so tiny , it deems to have lost existence , within that area of ferocious tranquillity .

Maybe , the water could be compared to the one whom caused him pain in masses so great , and the paper would be him . Near the moment of being shred , floating , with the waters that can  , at times remain calm .

And the one that brought ripples and was able to remain lenient and persistent enough to keep him in one piece , scooped him out as neatly as possible , to leave him to dry and finally be able to serve his purpose in life ,

That one being , seemingly tumbling her way back to heaven to trip over his side , would none other than be ,

"Amane ? It's raining today so you can go ahead . I have something to do with Akane-san today ." 

She scurried to his side as they walked to the halls and have come to bump into each other unconsciously .

Her white hair fluttering with the movements of her shoulders where it laid neatly , holding also books in her own hands , Amane was quick to nod and smile as he figures she was in a hurry , "Hm , I'll tell Tsukasa too ."

Soon afterwards , she had already placed a hand on his wrist , circling a bit with a grin , bright and consuming . Yashiro had always been speedy when catching up to days where he felt eerie . "Take care , okay ?"

Amane just turns his head back forward , with a pathetic excuse of a smile to get her feeling that he was alright . "Of course ."

Not .

After a few puddles crossed and minimal stories about their days shared , just a little more meters and they're back in their den . Both their steps and breathing were so near to not being heard that anyone would be aware that something was wrong with them .