Rain pattered against Marinette Dupain-Cheng's window. She had just finished a tiring patrol with Chat Noir. Hawkmoth was really giving his butterflies a good work-out with all the flying and akumatizing they'd been doing for the past four years. 

Marinette tiredly sighed as she watched the night's news. 

'Milliardaire Playboy Bruce Wayne et ses réflexions sur le nouvel organisme de bienfaisance financier à Paris... Monsieur Wayne?'

Another charity? It had been the fourth charity this MONTH that Bruce Wayne had hosted a charity in Paris. Most say it was for a good cause, while others thought of it as a waste of time or effort. Marinette thought of it as a good cause, but why Paris, of all places?

Marinette watched the interview with much disinterest, practically dozing off, until a sudden 'THUMP' on her balcony shook her awake. 'What the heck was that?' Marinette turned in her pink swivel chair, looking at her balcony. Nothing. Marinette once again sighed. 

'I must be seeing things...' Marinette yawned. Hallucinations? Goddamn. She closed her laptop, spinning around her swivel chair. She rubbed her tired, baggy eyes, getting up. She walked over to her balcony door, opening it. She stepped out, turning on her balcony light. 

Nothing unusual. Everything was the same. Just drenched in a light layer of Parisian rain. She shrugged, turning off her light, going back inside. She locked her door. Marinette walked over to bed, falling face first onto it. Every bone in her body was sore. She grabbed the edge of her periwinkle blue blanket and wrapped it around herself like a crepe. 

"Good night, Tikki." Tikki lightly snored from her small bed of folded fabric scraps. Marinette smiled before closing her eyes. For a second. Her eyes shot open. Some shuffling came from outside on her balcony. "Ugh, what the heck is making that-" Marinette pulled back the curtains covering the windows to see a hooded figure standing there. Different weapons were stored in specialized pouches on his outfit. Heavy sheets of tough metal armor covered his chest, arms and legs. A black mask covered the figure's entire face, excluding the eyes. 

Eyes the color of dark jade. Eyes greener than the mountains scattered around rural France. 

"LEAVE THIS PLACE."

Marinette gasped, falling backwards onto her bottom. 

Then, she blacked out.

"MARINETTEEEE! MARINETTTEEEE! WAKE UP!" Marinette shot up, arms raised, ready to attack. "Relax, Marinette! It's just me!" Marinette looked at the kwami. "O-oh... sorry Tikki..." Tikki floated closer to Marinette. "Um...you okay? You seemed a little jumpy... well, more jumpy than usual."

"R-really?" Marinette grabbed the front of her sweat-drenched shirt. "Sorry... I just had this weird dream where... there was this guy... in all this cool black armor... and these beautiful green eyes... and he told me to 'leave this place' or something... and then I just blacked out, and, and-"

"Woah! That's uh... some dream you had!" Tikki held up her tiny 'hands' as a sign of 'please stop before my tiny kwami brain explodes.' Marinette awkwardly chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck. "Y-yeah... anyways... what time is it?"

"Um..." Tikki turnt her head to look at Marinette's wall clock. '8:49.'

"SHIT! SCHOOL STARTS IN ELEVEN MINUTES!" Marinette vaulted out of her bed, sprinting into the bathroom. "Good morning, Mari-" Sabine started, only to be interrupted by the slam of the bathroom door. "SORRY MOM! LOVE YOU! RUNNING LATE! FFFFFF-" Marinette struggled to pull off her fluffy ladybug patterned pajama pants.