22

(I LIVE! I AM ALIVE! Sorry for taking so long. I was taking a really long blink and all of sudden, all of my ideas are gone. Took a while to get 'em back, but you know, this is what happens when you eat four Flintstone gummies instead of two. Read the notes at the bottom, please.)

"I brought some clothing for you. Do tell me if they are not your size." 

Damian handed a neat stack of multicolored garments to Marinette, who still had on her pajamas from the other day. Marinette gave him an odd half smile before gently shutting the door. She waited about a minute before peeping out, cracking the door slightly ajar. 

Damian still stood in the hallway. He pulled out a petal of a lotus flower out of his armor - that must have been from the other day. He tossed it, letting it flutter to the ground before walking off. He turned the corner - and just like that, he was gone. 

Marinette shut her door again.

Her eyed the stack of clothing. Stepping towards it, she grabbed the first piece of clothing.

It unraveled from its folded neatness, revealing a beautiful poncho style dress with intricate designs all over it. It was easy to identify - Marinette knew it was a kaftan - a traditional Arabic dress. Red with tribal looking designs. Underneath the kaftan, a pair of black leggings. 

"Hmph... cute." 

Quickly slipping out of her pajamas and into her new attire, she did a small twirl, feeling the satisfying feel of the satin fabric against her skin. Combing her fingers through her hair, she traveled out of her room. 

"I thought you had fallen asleep again. I didn't want to go in there to rouse you out of bed," Damian was standing there, arms crossed over his chest. Marinette blew a strand of indigo hair out of her face. 

"I would of, but I have a feeling I'm needed somewhere."

Damian gave her his usual 'tt.' "You are. Follow me."

"Where are going?" Marinette twirled around, watching the ends of her dress fly up. 

"You'll find out. Let's talk. Like yesterday."

Marinette shrugged. She did enjoy their talk yesterday. Damian wasn't as much of an asshole. She took inspiration by the beautifully designed fountain, spending most of her night huddled over her desk, sketching onto a piece of paper. 

The bluenette followed the ravenette out. 

Marinette began to walk in the direction of the fountain, only for Damian to stop her.

"Where are you going? We're not going to the fountain today." 

"What?" 

-

Damian opened a vast set of doors to the outside. 

Marinette could feel her heart beating faster. 

So... this is what Damian wanted. He closed the doors behind her.

"The gardens."

Flowers everywhere. Blood lilies, red acacias, irises. Blends of colors. Oranges, reds, yellows, greens, blues, purples, whites. Pinks and indigoes. Tweets of birds sang through Marinette's ears. 

"Wow..." Marinette was astonished. Damian tapped her hand with one finger. Marinette almost jumped. Damian remained silent, holding his hand out. Marinette reluctantly took it. "What is this place?"

"One of the many gardens we have on Infinity Island."

She arched an eyebrow at the name. 

"Paradise Island? What is this, some weird tourist resort? Are the cocktails to die for?"