4

"Your maman told me what happened. Are you sure it was Chat?" Chloe brushed her gentle fingers under Marinette's eyes, wiping away the tears. Marinette sadly nodded.

 "He left a n-note..." Chloe perked up. "Where is it?!" Marinette pointed to the folded paper on her desk. Chloe got up, snatching it up. Her eyes widened. The paper was familiar. There was a gold outline with Latin words, just barely visible in the lines. 

This was from an Agreste-issued notepad. 

"Oh... my." was all she could say.

"W-what is it?" Chloe gulped. "I... I... can't believe Chat would do such a thing. You don't think he's..."

"Akumatized?" Marinette finished. "I don't think so. He might be..." tears fell down even more. Chloe rushed to Marinette's side. She pulled a salmon pink comforter off of Marinette's bed, wrapping it around the two. 

"It's gonna be okay... trust me. Aren't kwamis immortal or something?" Marinette nodded. Chloe managed a smile. She placed a hand on Marinette's shoulder. 

Blue looked into blue.

"Tikki will be okay. One little bruise on her though, and we WILL beat some ass. But for now... how 'bout we..." Chloe's eyes landed on Juleka's started dress. "How about we work on... the gala dresses?"

The bluenette seemed to brighten at the mention of the gala. That's right! She still had the dresses she needed to finish!

Marinette shot up, her mood completely different than what it was for the past five hours. 

She shot her hand up, pointing to Juleka's dress. Chloe laughed, getting up as well. 

           [With the Wayne's]

"Monsieur Wayne. It's a pleasure that the Agreste Company and Wayne Enterprises are working together." Gabriel and Bruce shaked hands. 

"The pleasure's all mine, Monsieur Agreste." 

"Please, call me, Gabriel."

"Of course. You can call me Bruce. It's much simpler." Gabriel nodded. Bruce's cellphone went off at that moment. "Many apologies, Gabriel. It's one of my kids," Bruce pulled out his phone. Gabriel nodded.

'He's gonna watch isn't he?' Bruce cleared his throat. 

[In Russian]

"Dick? What's the insights?" some shuffling noises could be heard. 

"Cass and Ashe found some sort of... underground lair.'

"I see. What's in there?"

"There's seems to be... butterflies?"

"Investigate more. Don't get caught."

"Yes sir. Move, move-"

Bruce ended the call. "What was that about, Bruce?" Bruce chuckled. "One of my kids was picking up my suit for the upcoming gala. He was just asking where to put it. Wouldn't want to wrinkle the fabric, right?"

Gabriel laughed. "Of course. That is one of the things that irritates me a lot." he straightened the cuffs on his suit. "Come. I shall show you the ballroom. We can talk about the meeting there."

"Of course." Bruce clicked something on the back of his blazer. 

     [With the Wayne kidss]

Beep

The cameras surrounding the atelier all went limp; off. Ashe said a silent 'yes,' as her hacking got the cameras to 'die.' High-tech mansion, rich bitches, crappy, easily hacked into cameras.