8

"I hope you all enjoyed the tasteful desserts prepared by my chefs," Gabriel said, microphone in hand. "We will begin this lovely evening's festivities, beginning with a dance." plates were collected, glasses were drained, and a small group of semi-drunk diplomats slurred in French.

So this was a famous Agreste Gala. 

Marinette and her friends all got up. The dance floor was just...

DAYUMMMMM...

Diamonds refracted rainbow patterns onto the floor as the lights slowly dimmed. 

Slow, violin music began to play sweetly in the background. 

People began to make their way over, some holding hand with their significant other, some perhaps looking for a dance partner. 

First things first though - Alix and Marinette snuck up behind Kagami and Chloe, pushing them. 

"MarinETTE!" Chloe toppled over, only to be caught by Kagami. Blushes glowed on their cheeks. From a distance, Audrey and Andre Bourgeois watched, nodding their heads in approval. Marinette flashed them a quick thumbs up. 

"I-uh"

"S-sorry, are you-"

"Urm-"

The music began to slow, meaning that it was time for them to begin their slow dances. 

"Do... you, uh... want to dance, Kagami?" Chloe looked down at her feet, hiding her flushed face. Kagami bit her lip. Chloe seemed anxious. Kagami exhaled, relaxing her shoulders. 

"I would love too-"

Marinette pushed the two towards the dance floor. 

"Okaynowgodanceyoutwofuckinglovebirds!" she grinned. Kagami and Chloe playfully glared at her. 

Chloe held her out to Kagami. She took it, rosy blush growing a deeper shade. The two gracefully walked out to the middle, getting in position. Chloe put her hands around Kagami's waist. Kagami put her hands on Chloe's shoulders. Together, they began to sway to the beat, like everyone else. 

"I... wasn't expecting that," Nino seemed surprised. Marinette laughed. Now...

Juleka looked around the room. 

"Hey, Julie? Nino? Ali? I'll be right back! I'm going to go find... ur, my... breath mints!" 

"Um... okay?" they all stared at the awkward Marinette like she was some sort of outer space cretin. 

Marinette smiled and clumsily wandered off. She was looking for a certain light to Juleka's dark. However, in the midst of her search, she slammed into someone. 

"I am SO so...r..ry..." all too familiar eyes peered into hers.

A blush was sprouting on her freckled cheek. 

Sure, she'd just bumped into this... freakishly handsome man...

But...

Wasn't it too early?

Too fall in love?

The male had a sharp jawline that made him look like an Arabic model for cologne. His skin had a tan tone to it and his jet black hair was gelled back, with some stray hairs falling over his face. And his eyes...

They gave off a sinister stare of distaste. His irises were... a ravishing shade of green. Like emeralds. 

Where did she see th-