16

(Wow, did I actually just update something in like... *counts fingers and toes* uh... never mind. But did I actually just update something? Yes, yes I did. Writer's block, F in math, school stress and whatever. But I'm back! To update! Here's this... chapter! Sorry, sorry, sorry! Here you go! Also, I'm in the middle of writing a Lesbian!Daminette story! I know I already said I'm done with the MLB fandom and Daminette, but I couldn't help myself. It should be out later. In the meantime, enjoy this chapter! Jessica the author. How original.)

"THAT," Ashe uncrossed her legs, walking over to Chloe. "Being said. We have a plan for how we are going to get her back. We just need to know if you're up for it. And that we can trust you."

"What's the plan?" Chloe held her hand out. Ashe reluctantly took it, signaling towards Bruce. He gave her a nod, another signal to continue with the plan. Ashe cleared her throat, running her fingers along the coffee table. Instantly, a digital board hologram flickered to life, showing stats and files. 

Max excitedly watched Ashe tap the hologram screen. 

"Pops. You're up," she said, sitting back up. Bruce sat up, taking her spot. 

"As for the plan..." Bruce tapped a button. Automatically, all the windows around the vacation penthouse were all covered by a thick layer of metal 'curtain.' "Computer. Check the security cameras." 

'Of course, Bruce. ...no sights of suspicious behaviour around V-PARISEHOME.' 

Max had to cover his mouth with his hands to hide his girlish squeals of fascination. Even in the current situation, he couldn't help but get excited over all the advanced technologies and programming happening all around him. With all the high-tech glitz and gadgets, it was like he was in his own personal heaven. 

"Marinette is being held captive by the League of Assassins. Also known as the League of Shadows. Ran and created by Ra's Al Ghul. The one who took Marinette was... my own son. Damian Al Ghul." 

Angered gasps from the miraculous wielders. Ashe seemed to sink deeper into the couch. The thought of having another sibling she- they, the whole of the Batfam didn't know about was still fresh in her countless mind. From the other side, Alix, despite being mad herself, held down Chloe, who looked ready to lash out at Bruce, or rather, any Wayne present in the room.

"Before you trash the place, mind you, I have only learned of Damian's existence last night. It was never something... that came to mind. The night he was... ahem, conceived, I was drugged and assaulted by his mother. Talia. Because of my..." Bruce paused, as if trying to find the right words to say. "PRIOR relationship with his mother, I'm most likely wanted dead by the Al Ghul's."

"What does that have to do with Marinette? Really, what does your shitty relationship have to do with anything? We came for Marinette, not for your lame Hollywood sob story about a son you never knew about," Chloe sarcastically snarked. Suddenly, a zip passed by her cheek. A batarang flew past Chloe, cutting off a lock of her hair, embedding itself into the wall. 

"Watch it, Bourgeois. He's not finished," Ashe glared, twirling a batarang around her fingers. 

Chloe rolled her eyes, exhaling. "Apologies, Bruce. I'm just... worried."

"That's alright. Ashe, refrain from attacking our guests."

This time, it was Ashe's turn to roll her eyes. "Of course. Sorry."

"What that has to do with Marinette... Damian is the heir of the League. He's going to need a wife in order to produce the next heir. I believe that they selected Marinette as his betrothed. However, that theory may or may not be true. I'm sure you are all aware of what I've told you about Gabriel and Emilie Agreste. Ra's Al Ghul possesses these pools - specifically called: the Lazarus Pits."

Jason cleared his throat. "If I could continue?" 

Bruce nodded. "I have a more... clearer description of the Lazarus Pits. I'm sure you were all informed of my death a couple years back?"

Nods. Jason's death had made worldwide news. The cause being kidnapped by the Joker, assaulted and finally beaten to death with a crowbar. Afterwards, he died on the way to the hospital. The explosion and Robin identity had been hidden upon Batman's request. 

And just a few years ago, Jason miraculously reappeared, claiming to have been revived with a  defibrillator and tons of CPR. He had then ran away from the hospital while recovering, living back on the streets, like when he was a child. 

"...the whole running away, defibrillator part was a lie. I was actually... uh, PG-13 warning or whatever, dug up from my grave by the League of Assassins and revived by the Lazarus Pits. And before you ask what they are, let me tell you some basic backstory. Ra's found them while searching for a cure for a dying prince some... long time ago."

"That makes me a century older than him," Ashe included. "Questions later."

"The prince, once revived, went mad and murdered Ra's wife. Part of the reason why he formed the League of Assassins in the first place. Now to the actual Lazarus Pits lesson. They are natural pools filled with this... restorative chemical."

"And that's how you were..." Max appalled. 

"Exactly. There's multiple located in the world. One closer to home, near Gotham. Destroyed. There are still some in Ra's Switzerland headquarters. Now, the most powerful one, resides among Infinity Island, where the lava from the surrounding volcanoes increase the usual power. That's where we suppose Emilie and Marinette are located."

"So, we just, invade, attack and get her back?"

"It's going to take a lot more than that. The League of Assassins are a group of highly skilled killers, taking part in multiple assassinations and terrorist attacks around the world. That means that even with your current skills, it's going to take a lot more than a magical weapon to take them down. They have every single base on heavy guard."

"Fine." Chloe smirked. "Tell us what we need to do."

(Ah, I FINALLY UPDATED SOMETHING! I'm in the midst of writing a Lesbian!Daminette story right now. It's kind of like an Aladdin!AU, but with a twist and I think you guys will really like it! I know I said I was done with the MLB fandom, but I honestly couldn't help myself to write at least one more fic before focusing on a different fandom (most likely BNHA or DC.) I am planning on writing a Marvel x DC crossover, with Peter Parker x Damian Wayne as the main pairing. All in all, apologies for the incredibly slow updates! Thanksgiving was a couple days ago, so uh... there was that. I hope everyone is doing well during these harsh times! Jessica the author. I normally use that once, but fuck it. How original. Thanks for everything!)