-Chapter 12: Exposed-

"This has gone on long enough," Anna said shifting her gaze between Misaki and Takumi.

Twenty minutes earlier.....

Takumi and Misaki entered the household of Takumi's grandparents early in the morning after receiving an urgent call from Anna last night. She claimed to have needed to see them and discuss something very important. That was all she said. No asking how their day was, if they starting planning anything, and no teasing them. It was just straight to the point 'come over'.

Anna not telling them the reason for their visit and made Misaki and Takumi ponder long and hard about what it could be. Something just didn't sit well with the couple. It was as if the universe was trying to tell them to turn around and go back home. 

Making their way to the living room area, they noticed Anna sitting by herself drinking tea. She placed her teacup down when she noticed the couple walk in.

Takumi was the more curious one wondering why his grandmother was acting so strangely. She was usually so cheery and loved to fire questions at him from the moment she saw him and Misaki.

"Sit down," Anna ordered them whilst motioning for the servants to leave the area. This was a private issue she wanted no one else to hear. Especially if she had to knock some sense into these kids.

Misaki quickly sat down feeling like she was being scolded by a parent. She rarely saw this side of Anna as she was always doted on by Anna. She tried to think about what she had done wrong recently.

"I would like to address the elephant in the room," Anna started to say but was interrupted by Takumi who said,

"What elephant? Did you get a zoo?"

Misaki wanted to slap him for always trying to joe around. 

He looked around dramatically trying to find the nonexistent animal. Anna wanted to scold her grandson for being such a joker. She threw Misaki a look feeling sorry she had to put up with Takumi. Misaki threw a look at Anna feeling sorry she had raised this man child.

"No Takumi. I mean your relationship," Anna said before picking up her teacup again, taking a sip of her tea. She slowly moved the teacup from her lips before she added, "The real status of it."

Both Takumi and Misaki looked at each other before looking back at Anna.

"What do you mean grandma?" Takumi questioned what she was trying to get at. 

She ain't know nothing.

"I've been playing along because it's been fun to see you two together but I want to start planning for something real," Anna stated shifting her eyes between Misaki and Takumi. "I know ou two haven't been truthful about being engaged. To think you two would try to fool this poor old lady," She sniffled placing down her teacup. She placed her hand on her chest as it seemed to be aching.

Takumi almost laughed at his grandmother starting to fake cry. Who did she think she was fooling? He looked to his right and saw Misaki looked guilty. Apparently she was fooling Misaki. Of course, Misaki was always weak when it came to Anna.

"At first I thought, finally my two kiddos had found someone and even happier to think it was each other. Who knew I was being deceived," She dramatically cried showing where Takumi inherited his antics from. "I feel so heartbroken. What would your parents think Misaki? What would your father and grandfather think Takumi?" 

Anna rocked her body back and forth as tears ran down her face.

"Anna," Misaki called reaching forward to comfort Anna but Takumi stopped her. "What?"

"Grandmother please, I thought you quit being an actress?" He questioned watching Anna pause before she leaned back into her chair, wiping away the fake tears, and went back to smiling like normal.

"I thought I could make you feel guilty," She answered taking up her teacup again to take another sip casually like she wasn't just having a breakdown.

Misaki felt like her jaw dropped down. How could she be fooled by this act when she was friends with Takumi?

"When did you find out?" Takumi questioned wondering when they slipped up.

"It was that stupid story at the engagement party.  You two have been friends for a long time, you're trying to convince me you got engaged that way?" She asked wondering how stupid they thought she was. 

"I'm sorry Anna. We just, we just wanted to please you all by getting married. It's all everyone talked about before. Takumi doesn't show interest in anyone and no one shows interest in me. It wasn't real, us being a couple and the engagement but I wanted to just get everyone to leave me alone. To leave us alone. And if there's anyone I would get married to, it would be Takumi because he's the only person I feel comfortable around," Misaki stated as her mind drifted elsewhere thinking about something.

"Well I get why you chose each other and I guess we have been talking about marriage and relationships too often. I suppose we should've cut you two some slack and let you do things at your own time," Anna admitted. "I've just been so hooked on it because I'm not getting younger and I wanted to see Takumi happy with his own little family. I'm sorry I was rushing you into it."

"Apology accepted," Takumi said.

"I guess we should call this all off now," Misaki said as they had come clean about their engagement.

Anna chuckled at her suggestion. "Oh I wouldn't do that just yet," She told them as she began to stand up. "I booked a beautiful place to hold a wedding in two years."

Misaki looked at Anna confused. Didn't she just say she was sorry for rushing them? Why did she book a place?

Takumi grinned at his sneaky grandmother. They both shared a look that meant they knew what the other was thinking.

A/N:  Chapter 2- down on his knees for the engagement story. This book will end in 2 chapters.

IG: Violet_167ff