Chapter 14: Faking it

"I have feelings for you. You have growing feelings for me. The engagement has been exposed and we're not faking it anymore. Let's do this for real. We should try dating."

Misaki's mouth hung open at his suggestion. Who would've thought their day would've ended up like this. How was she to answer? She just noticed her feelings. Sure they might've always been there but this was completely new to her.

"Isn't this too soon to think about?" She questioned hoping they could first think this through first.

"Why? Either we date or we remain friends. It's that simple Misaki. We don't need to prolong this for any longer Misaki," He stated. He had no time for the waiting game. He waited long enough. If she wanted to admit having feelings then they could start something new. If she wanted to deny them, he had no choice but to just remain friends.

At least he had let his feelings be known now. If she rejected them and wanted to remain, friends, their friendship would be different. It might become awkward between the two as they would be conscious their closeness had an effect on the other.

"Right," She answered softly thinking it over. She was planning to get married to him, what would it hurt to test out dating him? It would be stupid if she considered marrying Takumi but ran at the idea of merely dating him. "I suppose we could give it a try. There's no harm in doing it. If we're meant to be together it'll work, if not we can just go back to normal. I already have an engagement ring on my finger anyway," She joked.

Takumi smiled leaning down to kiss Misaki but she pushed him away instantly.

"Hey! That's too soon. At least give me some to wrap this around my mind that we're dating," She yelled whilst blushing at how casually he was just going to kiss her. She needed to get used to this as soon as possible.

Misaki slid away from being too close to him. "If I'm staying here, we're not sharing a room. Keep your perverted hands to yourself in your own room for now. Figure out where you'll sleep."

"Yes Misa," He answered knowing he'll end up in the same bedroom they shared. She'll come around at some point. After a punch to his face or two.

"Anna is not gonna expect this," Misaki muttered under her breath. They just had the conversation about the engagement and here they were having to explain to Anna they were going to be together for real. Great.

They could've just denied the faking accusation and kept it going.

Three days later..

Anna shifted her gaze between the two people sitting before here again. "So you mean to tell me, you two decided to date?"

"Yes," Misaki answered.

"I'm glad to hear but I feel like I must ask this. You two aren't faking it again are you?" She questioned the two. She had to be sure this time they weren't trying to fool her again.

Misaki and Takumi looked at each other before replying at the same time, "No."

The End

A/N: Faking it is over. It was a fun short story to write. Teach me is currently updating again so be sure to read that short story.

IG: violet_167ff