- Chapter 13: Chicken-

The ride back to their home was silent. No one had spoken a word from the moment they were finished speaking to Anna. She had decided to let them return home as there nothing more she wanted to say to them. It was up to Misaki and Takumi to decide what they do from this moment on. Now that their relationship was exposed how would they suddenly just split?

Misaki stared out the window to avoid looking at Takumi who drove in silence. It was completely awkward as he drove them home.

Home, Misaki thought.

Home recently was the house she shared with Takumi. They would have to leave the house if they separated right? But she had gotten so used to coming home to his presence. Though before this, they had spent a great amount of time at each other's homes. She had slept over at his place and vice versa but she didn't sleep in the same room as him until now.

Thanks to Takumi's teasing it was uncomfortable but it wasn't like she was super uncomfortable. His blunt words and antics embarrassed her but she was somehow used to it. Takumi had been like this for as long as she knew him and no matter how much he annoyed her she still felt comfortable being around him. Only him.

It's strange how she never thought about it before. Their relationship had changed. Them living together was different than how they were before. Sometimes it felt like they were a real couple but never noticed it. Now that they might move out of the house it made her think about things differently.

She had become so used to living with Takumi that she disliked the idea of returning back to normal. But she couldn't just tell Takumi she wanted them to live together. The relationship was ending. What would he think about that request? She was lonely? That she wanted to continue fooling her parents? That she liked him?

Misaki's body tensed up at her last thought. Her liking Takumi? For the first time since she entered the car, she snuck a glance at Takumi. Was it possible she liked Takumi more than friends? She never considered it before. Had her feelings changed when they lived together and she never realized? She was shaken at the idea.

Misaki almost wanted to hit her head against something to stop her confusing thoughts. She liked Takumi and never noticed it until now. Misaki blushed quickly looking back out the window.

There was no freaking way. Why on earth, how on earth? She must be crazy. How did a fake relationship make her start to like Takumi? Or was it before also but she never noticed. She wasn't good when it came to notice feelings.

She liked Takumi and didn't want to part from him. Not love. Love was too much of a reach. She loved him as a friend. But had started to like him as a partner. Takumi would probably laugh or tease her if he knew what she was thinking about.

Whatever she was feeling, she didn't have the courage to open up a conversation with Takumi about it.

Misaki wanted to get out of the car as soon as possible. The more she thought about Takumi the more it felt like the car was shrinking and pushing her closer to him.

We're almost home, she chanted in her head not wanting to think about the perverted alien beside her. She just needed to run away from him for a moment. And that was what she did the moment the car parked in their driveway.

Misaki quickly removed her seat belt, unlocked the door, and bolted out the car, slamming the car door before she ran to the house. She left Takumi who sat in the car, not moving even though they were home.

She unlocked the door and rushed inside to head to their bedroom.

'Calm down', her mind screamed. There was no way on earth Takumi wasn't questioning what was with the change in her behavior.

She entered the bedroom, closing the door and then resting against the door. "How could you entertain the thought of liking Takumi? We've been friends for years. No romantic relationships," Misaki paused after the last sentence before continuing. "I say that after we pretended to be engaged."

"I need to talk to someone. My phone!" She exclaimed realizing she left it in the car. "Why didn't I grab everything then run?" She sighed. "It's fine. I can go out there and act as nothing happened."

Misaki removed herself from off the door and turned around to open it. She took a deep breath before she twisted the doorknob and opened the door. To her surprise, Takumi was standing outside the bedroom. She attempted to close the door quickly but he held the door so she couldn't.

"I haven't seen you so nervous in a while," Takumi spoke pulling the door open so she couldn't close it. He noticed how Misaki took a step back when he took a step forward wanting to get inside the bedroom. "Don't be a chicken."

"I'm not." Misaki tried to argue back.

"Really? So why did you run out of the car again? A new hobby?"

"I missed the house of course. Shame we have to leave this house soon," Misaki stated.

"Hmm. I think I might stay here. Cherish the memories we made here," Takumi said looking around their bedroom and remembering when they first moved in here.

"Well, good for you."

"Let's not delay this much longer Misaki. I'm tired of holding back what I feel and I'm guessing by your little act earlier, you're finally having some sort of feelings for me," Takumi said not wanting to get to the bottom of what they were after this. "Are we going to continue being friends or try to be something more?"

"What?" Misaki answered in disbelief.

"I have feelings for you. You have growing feelings for me. The engagement has been exposed and we're not faking it anymore. Let's do this for real. We should try dating."

A/N: One more chapter to go and this story will be done.

The next chapter is called: Faking it

IG: violet_167ff