Chapter 14

"And he gave you his number?!" Caitlyn said as we walked down the hallways at school. She looked at me with wide eyes, shocked, "and he asked you to text him?!"

"Yeah, well what was I supposed to do, say no?" I ask, grabbing my book bag straps in my hands and looking around the hallway.

"And did you text him?" She asks, looking over at me. I don't look at her. I keep my eyes away from hers.

"You didn't, did you?" Caitlyn says, shocked again.

I turn to face her. Her cinnamon colored eyes are wide, and her hair is curly today. She must've had extra time this morning, and decided to curl her hair.

"I didn't know how, Caitlyn. I don't know if I should or shouldn't. I don't know if I even like him or..." I don't even know what I'm saying anymore.

Every time I tell myself I don't like him, I always think back to that time he kissed me, and how I felt during that whole thing. At the time, I loved it. His lips fit perfectly into mine, and it was perfect.

But now...

"Why would you not want to text him? He obvious likes you, and I think you like him," Caitlyn says.

"I don't want to like him, Caitlyn," I sigh and bury my face in my palms, "it's complicated."

"Well, make it less complicated, because I ship you two together," she states matter-of-factly. I elbow her in the ribs, and she gasps, "hey!"

"Can we please change the subject?" I say. Caitlyn just shrugs as we walk away.