Chapter 31

I ran down the sidewalk, my jacket slung over my arm. I didn't even bother to put it on, even though it was so cold out. I just didn't care.

I made my way to my garage. My beat up, crushed car sat in it, and I was looking forward to getting my mind off of all this other stuff and just fixing it up. I knew it would hard to fix it, but I loved a challenge.

I pulled my keys out of my pocket and unlocked the garage, stepping into the warmer room. I set my jacket down on the counter and flipped on the lights. My crushed Celica sat in the middle of the garage, and it made me sad to see it looking like this.

I shut the door and set my bag down on the counter. I grab my toolbox and roll up my sleeves as I gather my things to fix it up.

I pry the hood of the car open and take a look inside. There was a few, small damages, nothing major, and I was sure I could fix all of them.

As I reached for my wrench, I thought of the next time I will race Suri. That time, I'm sure, I will get her back for doing this.

As I worked in silence in the damp garage, I hear a small sound, like footsteps. I freeze, focussing on the sound of someone coming closer. The sounds stop almost immediately. I peer around the garage, but everything seemed okay, so I set down the wrench and grabbed another tool.

But as soon as I began working on the car some more, I heard the sounds avian, like someone was trying to enter the garage.

I gripped the wreck out of the toolbox as I heard the sound of the door closing quietly. I peered around the car, but found no one there.

Slowly, I let the wrench fall to my side. But just as I set it lower, I feel a hand on my shoulder. Without a second to spare, I whirl around, taking my closed fist and slamming it into the intruders face.

But when I saw who it was, I gasped.