Chapter 45

The police car parks in the driveway behind me Celica. I pull away from Aaron, and see. There was no way of getting out of this with their cars in front of mine.

I watch as the cars stop, and Aaron watches from behind me. Michael gets out of his car, and slams the door shut, stomping over to me. I glare at him, my arms crossed over my chest.

But this time, I see my mom and dad get out of the second car, and my arms start to fall to my sides. I back up a step, and feel Aaron's hand on my waist lightly.

"Luna!" He gasps, practically running to me. He clamps his hand on my arm, and I pull myself away.

"Let go of me," I tell him harshly. I see my parents standing behind him, watching with sad eyes, as if they were surprised I was so rebellious and snuck out.

Michael and I stare harshly at each other, my hands clenched in fists by my sides. He has his arms crossed over his chest.

"This is enough," my dad spoke up from the back, and both Michael and I face him. He walks slowly over to us, and takes my arm, pulling me away from Aaron, who reaches his hand out to me as I'm pulled away. Aaron takes step towards me, but Michael extends his arm, stopping him.

I pull my arm away from my dad, staring at him defiantly. He glares down at me, harsh. I take a step back from him.

"This ends here, Luna," he says sternly, "you've snuck out way too many times." His brown eyes stare down at me harshly, but I counter his stare.

"I snuck out because you locked me in my room!" I shout back at him, raising my hands in exasperation. Michael watches, a hand on Aaron to keep him back. I can see how tense Aaron is under Michael's grasp, how he's fighting every last urge to run to me and help me out.

"This has gone far enough! You have to accept that your future has already been planned out. You have to face the fact that this silly ambition you are following is over! Just stop this now!" My dad yells at me, and I fight back tears. His face is red, but I'm not done fighting yet.

"Why? Why are you doing this? Can't you see I don't want this?!" I shout back at him, a tear rolling down my face. He seems hurt for a second, but then he changed back to angry.

"Because this is the future I want for you. I not only want you to be successful, but just carry on the family position of police officers. This silly racing thing you've gotten yourself into will not help you move on in life. It will all end someday. You might as well stop now," he mutters to me, using hand gestures to get his point across. His tone was softer now.

More tears fall down my face. I clench my fists at my sides and shake my head, not quite sure how to respond. My dad sets his hand on my shoulder, and I let him.

"I just want you to be happy," he says quietly. My eyes widen a little as I stare down at the ground, and I shrug his hand off my shoulder.

I look up at him, harshness in my eyes. I stand up straighter, clenching my fists. I look him straight in the eyes, feeling my confidence grow.

"This makes me happy," I mutter to him, and gesture to my car as I turn and walk back to Aaron. I shove Michael away from him, and wrap my arms around his bicep, turning back to my dad and giving him a defiant stare. I feel Aaron's hand lightly pressing into my back.

My dad glances between me and the car. Michael waits patiently, messing with the tools on his belt. My grip on Aaron's arm tightens a little, and I look up at him. I smile at him, and move in front of him, setting my hand on his shoulder.

"You okay?" I ask him, moving my hand up to his face and making sure he was okay from all that time in the jail, and my brother holding him captive. He nods and smiles at me, setting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine, Luna," he says with a chuckle. He takes my hands off his face and set them by my side. I laugh and lean my forehead into his chest, closing my eyes.

"I love you," I mumble, and I realize that's the first time I had said it to him. I can hear his breath catch, and he sets his hands on my shoulders, moving them up and down a little bit.

"I-I love you, too," he says hesitantly, not quite able to believe I said it to him. I feel his heartbeat racing under my forehead.

I can still feel my dad watching us, looking back and forth between the cars and the other things around the driveway. He glances over at Michael, who shrugs. He shakes his head and sighs.

I pull my head back, and look up at Aaron, who smiles down at me, his hands on the base of my neck. We stare into each other's eyes, before the moment is broken.

"Your right," I hear someone say behind me. I turn and see my dad, avoiding my gaze, staring down at the ground below us. My mouth is open slightly. I feel a small smile tug at my lips, "I have been too harsh on you. I can see your happy how you are. I shouldn't have put so much pressure on you. I'm sorry..."

He glances down at the ground, and I smile brighter. I wipe away a tear as I run to him and wrap him up in a giant bear hug. He seems surprised at first, but then wraps his hands around me in a hug, smiling and crying into my shoulder.

I pull back and look at him, tears still in my eyes. He wipes his eyes and puts on a small smile for me.

"Thank you," I say quickly, and he nods. I wipe away and tear and back up, turning around to see Aaron. He smiles at me, and runs to me, as I run to him. He picks me up in a giant hug and spins me around in the air, my head buried in his shoulder.

All of my struggles were over. I was finally free.