Chapter XVII

Hermione POV

I noticed my mistake as soon as Annabeth froze behind me.

We were dismissed a second later.

'We need to talk' She said.

We went to the hospital wing to talk with Percy, who has been told to rest in there, even though the lake had healed him completely.

Without asking, she opened my backpack and pulled the book that I had taken out of the Restricted Section of the library.

'What's that?' Percy asked.

I didn't answer him.

'A book about you' she answered him. 'About the time you defeated Kronos.'

'We,' he corrected her.

'So everything is real? Gods? Camp Half Blood? Are you daughter of Athena?' I asked.

'Where did you get this from?' Percy asked.

'The Restricted Section of the library' I answered. 'But I have the rest of the books in the common room,'

'THE REST OF THE BOOKS?!'

'Yes, there is a whole series about you guys.'

'Rick Riordan... that's my mum's pseudonym! The one she uses after that one stupid publisher rejected her book for her being a woman! I can't believe she never told me!' Percy said.

'You need to swear it on the River Styx you won't tell anyone about the books. Not even Ron and especially not Harry,'

'I swear it on the River Styx I won't tell anyone about the books. I promised, knowing exactly what that meant.

They seemed more relaxed.

'About you question from earlier, yes, everything is real'.

'So why are you guys here?' I asked.

'I came for a quest. Pretty easy one. Protect Harry Potter. Then Annabeth came and Hecate blessed her with magic and now she is part of the quest too,' Percy answered

'Wait, what? That woman in the Yule Ball was Hecate?'

'Yup'

I wanted to ask them if it was true that Percy had rejected immortality because of Annabeth... but then I remembered something.

'What will you do on the second task to hide your powers?'

'Yes, what will happen on the second task? Hecate said that you might need me for something important there' Annabeth asked.

'Well, we kinda need to save in an hour our most important person and the task will be in the lake, so you, Wise Girl, are my most important person but I have nothing to do about my powers... they will help me, of course, but I'll use them to help Harry too. Talking about the quest, Hermione could you give Harry hints to find out what the golden egg says?'. The fangirl's voice in my head said 'Awww'

Annabeth just nodded.

Draco POV

After the incident, my fear of Percy was almost as bad as my fear of Annabeth's rejection.

It was obvious that I would get rejected. I could see love in their eyes. Plus, I was a horrible person, or at least I needed to act like one if I wanted my father's approval. But I needed to tell her my feelings towards her.

Feelings? I did have feelings towards her, right? Not only she was incredibly gorgeous, but smart, kind, brave and funny. She was my type and I wanted to be hers too.

That's it. That was the day. The day I would tell her.

She was at the library with Hermione Granger, who got up to ask something to Madam Prince. I sighed in relief. Finally she was alone.

I went up to her trembling.

'Oh hi! Draco, right?' She asked with that beautiful smile of hers.

I blushed when she said my name.

'Ummm... yes. I wanted to tell you something,' I said.

'Go ahead,'

'I know you are with Percy, and I don't want to mess up your relationship, especially with Percy, because it is clear that you love each other, but I wanted to tell you that I have a crush on you. And I know you dont like me back, but I just wanted to take the weight off my sholders,' I said really quickly.

'Oh! Really?' she said surprised 'Im sorry, I thought you were gay,'

'What?' I thought, thinking I misheard.

'Yeah, the whole school thinks you are. And I'm sorry, but I love Percy. You seem like a really nice guy, maybe we could be friends?' she told me.

'Yeah, of course, but the thing is... everyone hates me,' and I told her everything about my father, and how much I hated myself for following his orders. I wouldnt tell this to a random person, but for some reason Annabeth seamed trustable.

Annabeth smiled. 'I think you could get along well with a friend of mine... have you ever heard of Nico di Angelo? He gets in a lost of messes because of his father too,'