Chapter XXXIII

Percy POV

I followed Harry into the maze. A couple of feets after i pretended to turn to the right, but instead I put on Annabeth's cap.

I followed Harry until I saw a monster: a dementor.

I knew Harry was good at dealing with them, so I leave him alone.

He seemed doing pretty well by himself, so I was about to turn to the left when I heard him scream.

With the cap off, I uncapped riptide, but the dementor transformed into Annabeth covered in blood laying on the floor.

'Percy! That's a boggart!' Harry told me.

'Riddikulus' I shouted with a trembling voice, still a little affected about seeing my girlfriend die.

The shape-shifter exploded in a wisp of smoke.

'Were you following me?' Harry asked me.

'What? No!' I lied 'I was over there when I heard you scream! Are you okay?'

He nodded.

I thought it would be a little suspicious if I kept following him, so I turned to the left.

I found some telekins that I easily killed when I heard another scream, It wasn't Harry's voice, but from Fleur. Red sparks coming from the sky communicated me that she was going to be out of the maze soon.

Then I heard another thing.

'Crucio!' Krum shouted.

I ran towards Cedric's yells and saw the Durmstrang student pointing his wand to Cedric Diggory, who was in the air cowering in pain.

Suddenly, I saw Harry next to me pointing his wand to Krum and yelling 'Desmaius!'.

Krum fainted and I helped Cedric to get up.

'Are you okay?' I asked him.

He explained that Krum attacked him from behind.

Then we all go on separately.

About ten feets after, I found an Empousa.

And the worst and most annoying of them all: Kelli.

She was horrible. Waxy white skin, completely red eyes, burning hair, and a pair of fangs. Its left leg is hairy and brown, with a donkey hoof, and the right was a human leg made of bronze.

'Perseus Jackson, we meet again,' She told me.

'You can't get rid of me, don't you?' I asked metaphorically.

'In the past I couldn't, I must admit, but I will now. Where is Iapetus now? That's right, not with you! Now you are weak,' she told me.

I laughed.

'I have defeated you before and I will defeat you now,'

And I did. With a simple movement of Anaklusmos I beheaded her.

'Wow,' said Harry's voice behind me.

I didn't heard him come (bad mistake if you are a demigod) but we kept walking together looking for the cup.

Ahead, we saw a monster with the body of an overlarge lion, great clawed paws, its head, however, was that of a woman.

'A sphinx,' I whispered for myself.

'That's right, Perseus Jackson. You are very near your goal. The quickest way is past me,' the creature said.

'So... will you move, please?' Harry asked her.