Curry

"Looks like I've won yet another match Avery!" Gloria giggled as she walked back into the Dojo. She had her shoulder length hair put into a messy bun and was wearing the Dojo outfit she received from Mustard a few weeks ago. The young champion had her hands resting on the back of her head with her elbows high up in the air with pride. The brunette girl glanced around with a playful smirk on her face. "I didn't even had to switch back Inteleon this time!"

Avery followed her with drooped shoulders. He let out a loud groan. "You little..." he grunted while making fists with his hands. The blonde guy stopped walking and took a deep breath to calm down. "Now you're just bullying me. You're just as scary as an Impidimp..."

Gloria turned around and put her hands behind her back. She was smiling brightly with her eyes closed, it brightened up the room. "So you're just finding out now?"

Avery stood still, looking at the short girl. He couldn't help but feel warm inside as she was smiling at him. He grasped for his chest. The tall man could feel his heart beating loudly through his clothes. He opened up his mouth to speak, but closed it since he didn't know what to say. Gloria giggled and put one of her hands on her hip.

"See, I totally leave you speechless. That's what cool of a champion I am!" She puffed out her chest with pride.

Avery groaned and grabbed the sleeve of her vest tightly. "Why you little..." He hissed at her but stopped mid sentence when he saw someone standing next to Gloria. It was Hop, Gloria's childhood friend. He softly put one of his hands on his best friends head and stroked through her hair softly.

"Oi oi. You should know better than to bully the one and only champion, Avery." The young boy spoke in a threatening tone. Both of his eyebrows were raised suspiciously towards the tall blonde trainer, who immediately let go of Gloria's sleeve. He took a step back and crossed his arms together full of annoyance.

"She started it. " He whimpered softly while pointing his index finger at the young girl.

Gloria just smirked and stuck out her tongue to him quickly.

"Oi, Glo!" Hop said as he flicked her forehead.

The girl let out a soft laugh and put her arm around her best friend's chest, since she couldn't reach his shoulders anymore.

Avery looked at the two trainers with a sting of jealousy in his chest. The two of them were so close together. They looked just like lovers instead of best friends most of the time. Of course, with all that the two of them went through with saving Galar, it was only logical that they were as close as they were now. Hop glanced at Avery and noticed that he was staring at Gloria with rosey cheeks. The two trainers squinted their eyes at each other, as if there was a competition to be won. Both Hop and Avery knew that the blonde man had no chance to win Gloria's heart. Hop cleared his throat and wrapped his arm around Gloria's neck and put her head softly against his chest.

"Oi Gloria," Hop said while still looking Avery in his eyes, "Let's go camping and make curry tonight! Just us, Dubwool, Zacian and Zamazenta!"

Gloria's eyes lit up. She moved away from Hop to grab both of his hands firmly. She started to shake a little bit due to excitement. "Curry?" she asked with a shaky voice.

Hop nodded and put his hands on his hips with pride. "Curry!" he confirmed to her.

Gloria put her hands high up in the air and cheered. "Yes yes! Aight! I'm gonna take a shower, wait here for me mate!" She yelled as she ran away.

Hop waved her off with a smile. He wrapped his arms together and shook his head while looking away shyly. That was too cute... He thought to himself.

Avery let out a deep sigh and turned his back to Hop. He was counting to ten in his mind before turning his head sideways so he could quickly glance at Hop. "You two kids go have fun with your little playdate. I've got real adult stuff to do, unlike you two."

He started to walk away, ignoring the annoyed look that Hop gave him. He wanted to walk to his room, but was stopped by master Mustard. The old man put his hand on Avery's shoulder and smiled happily at him.

"I see now... Professor Sonia also tasked you with bringing the champion and her assistant closer together..." He removed his hand from Avery's shoulder and stuck up his thumb. "You're doing a good job, making me proud as always!"

Avery started to continue walking. Oh, how much he wished that his master knew about the complicated feelings he felt towards the young champion.

--

"This seems like a nice spot to set up a camp, doesn't it mate?" Hop asked Gloria as he let his bag fall down on the ground.

The brunette nodded and threw her own bag next to Hop's. Gloria was wearing her trusty pink dress with her cozy, grey parka atop of of it. She had let her hair down. It reached her shoulders now, since she hadn't been to the haie salon since she earned herself the title of Champion. Hop turned red as he stared at his bestfriend slash rival. It seemed as if she get prettier each day. Hop realized how much Gloria actually meant to him when they captured Eternatus at Hamerlocke stadium.
Both their fates were locked as the two legendary heroes along with their legendary partner Pokémon, Zacian and Zamazenta. They were chosen the day they started their adventure, when they met one of the two wolves in the slumbering weald. The two friends always felt like they had a special connection together. Gloria suddenly sat down on the grass. She stretched out her legs and rested her weight on her hands. She leaned backwards a bit and stared up at the dark sky. Zamazenta let out a soft cry and laid down next to it's trainer. He rested its head on her lap while Gloria stroked it softly. Hop sat down next to her on the other side with his fingers intertwined with hers. The young girl rested her head on his shoulder and let out a happy sigh.

"I'm really happy you got to come here too." She said underneath her breath.

Hop started to blush a little bit. The original plan was for him to join Sonia with her research at the Crown Tundra and go towarda the Isle of Armor afterwards together, but he had basically begged her to go to the Isle of Armor now so he could spend more time with Gloria.

"Me too mate." The purple haired boy said with a big grin om his face.

Gloria removed her head from Hop's shoulder and looked him in his eyes.

"No, like, I'm really really happy you came!" She honestly said. "It felt weird to be apart from you after all we've been through. I feel like I have a bigger need to be beside you than I ever had with Victor!"

Hop could feel his face warm up with her kind words. He felt the same as her, he wanted to be closer to his friend as ever before. The two of them sat the rest of the evening in quiet, both too lost in the moment to even think about the promised curry.

Postwickshipping - Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें