Chapter 10

Onew POV

I sat at the table watching Taecyeon's dinner grow cold. I'd made kimchi stew, it took me forever, and now it was going cold.
I heard the door creak open and I turned to face Taecyeon.
"Your dinners gone cold, it'll have to be heated up now." I said.
"It's alright, I'm not massively hungry." Taecyeon said.
"Not massively hungry?! Did you eat before you came home?" Taecyeon shook his head. "Then you have to eat something or you won't grow up big and strong. Plus, my kimchi stew will go to waste."
"It's alright, Onew, I'll be fine. Please don't trouble yourself."
"Don't trouble myself?!" I was sounding like a parrot. "It's nothing compared to the actual making of the stew. I just put it in the microwave and it's done. If you don't eat then the effort I put into making the stew will go to waste." Taecyeon walked over to me and cupped my face in his hands.
"Onew. Please, stop being so sad, you're the happy one. I'm sorry I was late and my dinner went cold. I'll have it for lunch tomorrow, how does that sound? But I am honestly too tired to be hungry. I just want to sleep. Please don't be mad." He smiled a little. I felt my lips stretch into a smile.
"I can't stay mad at you." I said, wrapping my arms around him. "I love you too much. You're my only friend that shares my love for chicken." Taecyeon pulled away and walked over to his bag.
"Speaking of chicken, as a present for coming home late, I got you this. " He pulled out a stuffed chicken toy.
"It's so cute!" I cried, looking at it. "I just want to eat it up!"
"I'm sorry, in the future I'll tell you." I put on my fake angry face.
"You better. " He smiled and then yawned. I quickly stood up and picked him up.
"Wait, what're you doing?!" He cried as I carried him out of the kitchen.
"You need sleep. I'm taking you to bed."
"But I don't need to sleep yet. I just got home." We reached his bed. I chucked him down on it and he landed with a chuckle. "I can stay up for a bit." I shook my head and then lay down next to him.
"I'm going to stay here until you fall asleep. You're not leaving until it's morning. " Taecyeon huffed in defeat.
"Fine." I smiled.
And then fell asleep before him.

Taemin POV

Another lonely night filled with guilt and thoughts of Taecyeon. No matter what I did, he always stayed in my mind.
The lyrics to Stranger floated up to the surface of my mind. I smiled at the chorus.
Can't get you out of my head.
It sounded just like Taecyeon.
I thought about most of the other lyrics and their similarities.
Who I'm living for, what I'm heading for.
There is a distinct and precise control.
Only you have to understand me, that's all I need.
You're the one person I've wanted like crazy.
Can't get you out of my head, I want you.
After a thousand times, I still think the same.
See who's gonna protect you in the end.
I needed Taecyeon. I always had. I needed him the day we met, I needed him now.
He was, is, my world.
I sat up determinedly in my seat. I'd wear the scarf next time I saw him, and hope that'd jog his memory.
That night, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

--------------------------------------------
Is this an OnTae or TaeTae fanfic? You'll never know. Well, you will eventually.
Those ship names were the best I could come up with. If you have better, tell me.
Bleh, I have the taste of some Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans rip off in my mouth. It's by the same brand but is different. And just as disgusting. Grass is horrible. :P
Anyway, I'll let you go now.
Bye.