Chapter 19

Taemin

I'd managed to go back to being friends with Taecyeon, but the question was- could it ever become something more?
I loved Taecyeon, I had since high school, but I'd never been able to tell if he felt the same, or could be persuaded, or not.
I pouted as I stared at the TV. Why was this so difficult? A knock at my door interrupted my planning. I got up and answered it, sighing because I didn't really want visitors except for Taecyeon right now.
"Hey Taemin." Minho said. I smiled and waved.
"Hi." I said halfheartedly. I didn't mean to be rude or mean but I really really didn't want visitors.
"Are you alright?" Minho asked, concern appearing all over his face.
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"Because you haven't been for a while now and it's been worrying me." He'd noticed?! I'd tried my best to hide it.
"Don't worry, that's all better now." I said, smiling. Taecyeon and I were all better, it made my heart surge with happiness which spilled on to my face.
"I can tell now, you're back to your old self." Minho said, a smiling returning back to his face too.
"Yeah. Um... I don't mean to be rude but why did you come here?" He hadn't actually told me yet...
"Oh... uh... I don't actually have a reason. You'd just seemed down lately and I just came to check to see if you're ok." I smiled.
"You didn't need to do that."
"Yeah, but sometimes if someone's down, it can get worse. And then things might happen."
"You were checking to see if I'd committed suicide?" Minho blushed.
"No, that's not what I meant! I meant I was checking up on you to make sure it didn't get worse. Which obviously it hasn't." He got really flustered as he tried to fix the misunderstanding.
"It's alright, hyung, I understand what you mean." I said, smiling again.
"Oh, phew. Anyway, I was just passing through, I have shopping to do. Bye." He quickly rushed off to his car. I waved as he drove off.

I went and sat down and within minutes of me sitting down, the door knocked. Sighing, I got up and answered it. It was Taeyeon and Minjung.
"Hi." I said. They smiled.
"Just checking the address was correct." Taeyeon said.
"You and Taecyeon all better now?" Minjung asked. I nodded. "Yay! Now you can get married and have babies and die together."
"We're not dating! We're just friends." Taeyeon scoffed.
"You were never 'just friends'. If it wasn't something more than friends then it was definitely conjoined or something. Anyway, you two are the perfect couple. If you can survive the thing you just went through then you can survive anything. Hurry up and get together." They then walked off.
"Ah..." Taeyeon stopped at the end of the walkway.
"We only came to check the address. Bye." They then walked off.

I sat back down and of course, someone knocked door. Sighing again, I got up and answered it.
I probably answered the door a bit too grumpily but I was sick of getting up and down.
"What?" I didn't see anything till I looked down.
"Hi. I am one of your friendly, neighbourhood girl guides. Want to buy a cookie?" I immediately softened my expression to a smile.
"Sure, just let me grab my wallet." I quickly grabbed my wallet and ran back, I didn't feel like cookies but I couldn't say no to her adorable little face.
"How much are they?" I asked.
"4,000 won." She said. I pulled out the money and handed it to her. "Which one would you like?"
"Which one do you recommend?" I asked. She pointed at a packet.
"These ones have lots of chocolate."
"Then I'll get those." She handed me the packet. "Thanks."
"Bye, Oppa." She yelled as she ran off, waving. "Thank you!"
I then shut the door and sat back down. As I sat down, I listened for the knock. After a few minutes, I relaxed.
Knock.
I sighed, right as I'd been getting comfortable. I stomped over to the door and opened it.
"Oh." I said when I saw who it was. "Hi Taecyeon." He smiled.
"Hi Taeminnie." He said. "Can I come in?"
"Yeah, sure." I stood to the side so he could come in. I felt a little embarrassed for being all stompy and grumpy when I answered the door.
"Uh... I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but why are you hear?" I asked. Taecyeon turned to me, suddenly serious.
"There's something I need to talk to you about." He said. He then turned away. "Something important..." He then walked off.

--------------------------------------------

Kyahahaha!! Cliff hanger. I think it's a cliff hanger. ^_^