Chapter 17

"I'll let you go in. I've forgot to do some stuff." Minho said when he dropped me off at the front of Taemin's house.
"Thanks Minho. " He smiled.
"Anything for my favourite Taemin look-a-like." He said teasingly, knowing I hated being called that. I poked my tongue out at him.
"Bye." He waved and once the door was shut, drove off. I turned to face Taemin's house and took a breath. I can do this.
I knocked on the door and after a couple of minutes, and exhausted Taemin answered.
"Taeminnie, you look like crap." I said.
"You disappeared, I spent the whole night worrying. Especially given I thought it was my fault. " He moved aside so I could come in.
"What do you mean 'your fault'?" I asked.
"Taeyeon and Minjung told me that you thought I'd forgotten you and that you were probably mad at me for remembering them but not you. " I laughed, that was exactly what I thought. "Does your shirt have Sehun on it?"
"Yeah, he gave it to me as an early birthday present." I said, looking down at it.
"February the 29th. It is an early birthday present. " He said. My birthday was still a few months away. I nodded.
"Did I say or do anything?" I asked, sill staring at my top.
"Pardon?" I looked up at Taemin.
"Did I say or do something that made you..." I paused, not quite sure how to explain it. I sighed. "Well, you see, mine and Sehun's theory is that I did or said something to you that made you act a certain way which made it seem to me like you'd forgotten me which made it seem to you like I'd forgotten you and it goes on forever." Taemin thought for a moment.
"Um... I'm not sure. "
"There's got to be something that I did or said that made you act differently." I tried to think about what had made me think he didn't remember me.
"It might've been that to me you didn't act like we'd been friends when we were kids so I didn't say anything."
"Are you sure that was it? Because surely you would've said something sooner if that was the case." Taemin looked at the ground, hiding something from me. "What did I say, Taemin." I lifted Taemin's chin so he was looking at me and saw the tears starting to sparkle in his eyes.
"Y-you said I'd made your l-life miserable. I th-thought you hated me." He hiccuped. The tears started streaming down his face now.
"I could never hate you, Taeminnie. You're too adorable. " I pulled him into a hug. "I'm sorry I made you upset."
"I'm sorry I made your life miserable." I shook my head.
"You could never make my life miserable, Taemin. I just said that because all my pent up emotions sort of came out. I didn't mean it." Taemin sniffed, clutching onto me like his life depended on it. He looked up at me.
"Really?" I nodded and a smile slowly formed on his face. "That's good because I thought I'd done that and I felt really guilty."
"Well don't, if anything you've made my life the complete opposite." His smile grew wider. "I'm sorry I made you stop smiling. You should always smile."
"There you are!" A voice cried from the doorway. We looked up and Onew stood there, pointing at me.
"Onew... Hi." I said awkwardly, still holding on to Taemin.
"Where were you?! I was worried all night!"
"I was at a friend's place. I got lost on my walk and found my friend and stayed there the night." I said. It wasn't really lying, just leaving out bits of the truth.
"Why didn't you call?!"
"Because I don't remember numbers! That's my phones job, not mine." Onew rolled his eyes. "I'm telling the truth!" Taemin nodded.
"He's telling the truth, he's done that since we were in school." Onew looked at Taemin as if noticing him for the first time, even though it was his house.
"Really?!" Taemin nodded, making Onew sigh. "Fine, you're let off this time. You still could've gotten your friend to drop you off."
"He was getting ready for bed."
"It's ok. Just don't get lost in the future." I nodded.
"Hey Onew, how did you know I was here?" Onew smiled.
"Minho. " I nodded. Onew's gaze drifted to Taemin and then back to me.
"Why'd you come here first?" He asked. I still hadn't stopped holding Taemin and I think Onew had noticed that.
"Minho dropped me off because Taemin seemed pretty worried last night. Plus I had to talk to him about... stuff." Onew's eyes narrowed as he looked at us suspiciously.
"Stuff?" I nodded. Onew shrugged and sighed. "Whatever, not my place. I've got to go shopping, come home whenever you're ready." I nodded. "But make sure you come home tonight, you're cooking."
"Alright. I'll pick stuff up on the way home. I'll make dumplings, I feel like dumplings."
"They better be the best dumplings you've ever made." Onew said, walking off.
"They'll be the best dumplings your mouth has ever tasted." Onew laughed as he left. I turned back to Taemin.
"Taecyeon-hyung, I'm glad we fixed all this up."
"Me too. Now what's in your fridge and cupboards, I'm hungry."
"We have banana milk." Taemin said.
"How much?" Taemin shrugged. He then bounded over to his fridge and opened it. When he did, he pouted.
"One..." He pulled it out and showed it to me. "Here, you can have it." He chucked it to me.
"Hey Taemin, I got you a gift." I chucked it back.
"B But you're the guest, you should have it." He chucked it back.
"Hey, no regifting my gift! It's not nice!" Taemin sighed, looking down at the banana milk now in his hands.
"It's not regifting, just giving you a preowned gift."
"Merry Christmas!" Taemin frowned at me.
"It's not even Christmas." I sighed as I realised this would go on forever if I didn't put a stop to it.
"How about this then? We share." I saw the thought process in Taeminnie's adorable little head. After a few seconds of thinking, he smiled and nodded.
"Alright. Let's watch a movie. I want to watch a movie." I smiled as he bounced of to his lounge room. I followed him and sat on the couch while he picked out a movie. "How about this one!" He pulled out 'I'm a Cyborg But That's Ok'.
"Alright. " He put the movie on and sat next to me. I passed him the banana milk which he took a sip from and handed it back. The movie started and after a few minutes of the movie I was asleep, using Taemin's shoulder as a pillow.

--------------------------------------------

I just want to say that my phone autocorrected preowned to prepubescent. I don't know what was going through my phone's electronic little head when it thought I meant prepubescent instead of preowned. Sometimes I worry about it...