Chapter 24

Taemin POV

I smiled happily as I made breakfast. Taecyeon liked me. It made me extremely happy.
While I was mixing the stuff together for pancakes, Taecyeon's favourite, I heard a loud thump. Followed by more large thumps. I quickly rushed to where the thumps had come from and found Taecyeon lying in a heap on the floor.
"Taecyeon-oppa, are you alright?" I asked as I rushed over to him. He looked up at me, dazed, and grinned like a drunk.
"I'm 'lright." He slurred as he sat up. "Jus' had a bit of a tumble, tha's all." He wobbled a bit as he sat there.
"Are you sure? How many fingers am I holding up." I held up three fingers. Taecyeon squinted at them.
"Two." I looked at my fingers and back at him. "Two plus one thumb because a thumb is apparently not a finger. Why isn't it a finger? It's just as good as the other ones, if not more because it's opposable or whatever that thing is. It's thumbist that it's not considered a finger." I stared in amazement as Taecyeon ranted on about the inequalities of thumbs.
"You know what, Taecyeon, I think you are fine." I pat him on the head. "Now I'm going to go make pancakes, alright?"
"Ooh, I love pancakes." He said as he got up. "Wait." He paused and looked around the room. "Where's Sehun?"
As if on cue, Taecyeon's phone went off. He looked at the message and smiled, before handing it to me.
Hey Taecyeon, I left early so you two could bond or whatever new lovebirds do. Sorry for leaving without saying anything but I didn't want to disturb you. And good job, you two finally caught up with everyone else and figured out what we figured out years ago.
I smiled as I read the text. Then another came through.
Oh and I folded all the sheets.
"Sehunnie's so nice." Taecyeon said. "He folded the sheets for us."
"Yeah but don't get too attached to him coz you're mine." I said, briefly kissing Taecyeon on the lips before walking back into the kitchen.
"Aaw, you get so jealous quickly. Don't worry, if anything, he'd just be a friend with benefits. But then I don't think he'd do it. And I think he's straight. I can't remember." Taecyeon stared vacantly as he stuck his finger in the pancake mixture and ate some. I hit him on the arm.
"No eating till it's cooked." Taecyeon poked his tongue out at me.
"Oh wait!" He said, his eyes going wide. "Sehun's not straight, his last relationship was just with a guy who looked sort of like a girl, I remember now."
"Yep, ok." I didn't really need to know about Sehun's past love life.
"But that was ages ago. We were still in high school then. That was how we met. He was all boohoo and I was all boohoo and voila, we became friends."
"Why were you all 'boohoo'?" I asked, turning to him.
"Because you left me and all I ever saw of you was what every other fan saw of you, the performing you." He said, looking down in his lap. "And when you hung out with rest of SHINee and you were so friendly. I thought you'd forgotten me." I felt bad as Taecyeon told me how I'd made him sad. But he then smiled at me. "But hey, if you hadn't left I wouldn't have met Sehun and who knows what might've happened to him."
"Oh, at least something good came out of it..." I said.
"Yes, now hurry up and cook pancakes. My stomach is starting to speak." I quickly poured some of the mixture in to the pan.

After about two failed attempts, Taecyeon's patience wore thin.
"Scooch over." He said, pushing me to the side with his butt.
"Hey!" He shook his head and sighed at the pathetic excuse for a pancake.
"Teenagers these days..." he said as he chucked the pancake in the bin.
"Hey, I'm 21 and you're only a year older than me." I said.
"Yeah but at least I can cook pancakes." He stared at the pan for a few moments and then poured some mixture on. He stood there for a few minutes before flipping it to show a perfectly cooked side of a pancake. After a few more minutes, he took the pancake on and poured more mixture in.
While the second pancake was cooking, he ripped a piece off the first one.
"Here." he said, lifting the piece up to my mouth. I ate the piece and smiled.
"It's good." I said once I'd eaten it. Taecyeon smiled proudly.
"I know, I made it." He said as he flipped the pancake. He ripped off another piece of pancake and put half of it in his mouth, the other half hanging out. He then turned to me and pointed at the pancake.
"You want me to eat it?!" He nodded. I sighed and bit the end that was hanging out. Once I'd bitten it, Taecyeon grinned and quickly kissed me before taking the pancake off and pouring more mixture in. He then fed me some more of the original pancake while laughing for some odd reason.

Minho POV

I stared through the window of Taemin's house, looking at the happy couple. No, I'm not a stalker, I just saw them as I was walking up to knock on Taemin's door. To give him this banana milk.
Sadness filled me as I realised that my Taeminnie had been taken away, and that he was happy.
I took a deep breath as I turned away from the house. As long as he was happy, everything was fine. If he was happy, I was happy. Taemin is happy. Taemin is... happy... I stared at the ground as tears threatened to spill. Taemin was happy and it wasn't because of me. I wasn't the one he chose.
I quickly left before Taemin saw me in this state.
After all, it wouldn't do for him to see me like this, I am Choi Minho, the flaming charisma, and I never get sad.

--------------------------------------------

Because it wouldn't be right if I didn't have a jealousy. kekeke
I decided I'd google Jonghyun's new image teasers for Base today, because on Facebook I saw a picture of him and his hair looked cool, and oh my goodness, there were that many shiny, topless pictures of him. And not one of them showed the hair I saw because they were all in black and white or grayscale or whatever you call it. And Jonghyun has a funny bracelet that connects to his fingers, it kinda reminds me of Taemin's weird neck to ear chain from Danger.
Anyway, I'm making barley water tomorrow because my friend told me about it and apparently Koreans drink it a lot and even give it to babies.
^_^ thank you for reading!!
Bye