Chapter Two

~ Cover designed by me 😊 ~

"Aurora," a voice whines outside my door the next morning. I wake up groggily, forgetting where I am for a moment. I look around the small room, the dirty carpet, the peeling walls, the yucky smell and the thin mattress under me.

"What do you want Becky?" I ask her, slightly annoyed already this morning. Becky takes this as an invitation to come right in, closing the door behind her as she sits down on my mattress.

"I don't want to go to school," she finally admits quietly. I frown, Becky had been so excited about making new friends and going to a new school, she loved it.

"But you love school?" I remind her, her sweet face looks up at mine.

"It's just..." she trails off and looks away, I catch her blushing red cheeks.

"Why are you embarrassed sis?" I ask, bumping my shoulder with hers gently.

"My uniform, it doesn't fit, the dress," she finally says, her cheeks red. I turn and look over at her, now that I look at her, she had been growing in every way.

"Becky, it's part of life. Growing up, you get taller and more curvy and other things," I explain to her softly. "How about I tell mum, and maybe wear your sport uniform today?" I suggest, Becky smiles as she nods her head.

"Thanks Aurora," she says softly, hugging me. I hug her back as I kiss the top of her forehead before she rushes off. Well that's my good deed for the day.

~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~

The school had looked less frightening when I was in my car, but now that I was standing outside with my hand on the hood of my car. I felt like I had lost my home, my protection. I shake my head, as I throw my bag on the hood and climb up on it. I got a few strange stares from people, but they walked off. I fix my bag so it's behind me, and I lay down on the hood of my car, my eyes closed. I don't even know why I'm here, I hated school, school hated me. I should just get back in my car and drive off somewhere, but mum said a new fresh start, and to give this school a try. I open my eyes, turning my head to the side so I could watch people walk pass and around.

"OMG! Your dad brought that for you, aww you're so lucky," someone says loudly. I locate the noise behind my car or should I say, ute.

"Thanks, I know," says another girly voice. I sat up and peeked up over my ute top, seeing two girls talking with each other.

"Bree, it's gorgeous," the first girl says again, smiling at the bright red purse/bag. The girl Bree, had long blonde straight hair, pale blue eyes. She had the perfect, slim figure, which she showed off in a pale pink dress. I noted that the dress, and the bag did not mix but oh well that's her problem.

"... Maybe I'll let you borrow it sometime," Bree says. I watch as they both giggle and walk off, up towards the school building. I should probably be doing the same but I couldn't be bothered, anyway I was comfy laying down on my hood. I close my eyes again, relaxing as I listen to people rush by, talking and whispering to yelling.

~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~

"Do you always sleep on the hood of your car?" someone asks loudly, waking me up from my slumber.

"It's a ute, not a filthy car. Now go and let me sleep in fucken peace, so piss off," I tell whoever it was off. I hadn't opened my eyes, I roll over, preparing to go back to sleep. I hear footsteps moving away and I sigh in relief, that was until a heard them coming closer to my left side.

"You're already pretty sunburnt," whoever it was states. "And did you just tell me to piss off?" the person continues in amusement. I sigh in annoyance, this person was messing with my sleep.