Twenty-Seven

~ Cover designed by @ETCupcakee {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"I killed Cordelia!"

"You.. what?" I say shocked, my heart racing in my chest. What did he mean? You can't just randomly say that you killed someone. Furthermore, Chase was pretty harmless, how could he kill someone. Was I sort of dating my best friend's killer? Was she once in love with her murder? My hands start to get sweaty the more I think about it.

"It was an accident Aurora..." Chase says when he sees my shocked and scared expression. I take a step back and then another.

"You can't go killing people and then go around saying it was an accident Chase!" I scream at him, getting angry at him. Chase glares at me, while running his fingers through his hair.

"Listen to me Aurora, please..." he begs softly, gazing down at the ground. I couldn't understand, what was going on?

"Tell me then," I say quietly, and surprisingly, my voice didn't break. "Everything." I needed to know what had happened to my friend, I needed answers.

"It had been my birthday..." he starts, looking at me, his brown eyes dark with sadness. "My mum was pretty excited and such, my dad was even happy because I had won the latest match," I could hear the pride and happiness in his voice. "They had brought me my first car for my birthday, and Cordelia came up as well," he says playing with the ends of his sneakers.
"My mate Danny, he decided to throw this massive party at his place as my birthday present from him. I had wanted Cordelia to come with me, but she said she wasn't feeling well and wanted to rest. I had wanted to stay with her but she refused, saying that I had to be at my own party.. so I went," Chase says looking up at the grey clouds above us.

"So you went," I repeat quietly, under my breathe.

"I was never a kid for drinking, my mates would tease me constantly but.. let's just say I was around drunk people to know it doesn't end so well." My eyes wonder back to his split lip and bruised cheekbone, before glancing away again. "But Danny said I needed to have at least one drink for my birthday, and.. so I did."
"It was meant to be one stupid drink Aurora, it turned out so much worse!" Chase says glancing at me, I frown. "By the time I had finished my first, I was dragged into a game of ping-pong and of course that involved drinking. I ended up getting pretty drunk that night.." Chase runs his fingers through his hair, sighing. I knew that he regretted going to that party, you could see it by his actions.
"I did stupid shit! stuff I wouldn't have thought I would do, things I didn't know what I was doing till it was too late.." he says glancing at me, his eyes dropped to look at the ground.

"What did you do Chase?" I ask him quietly, I was afraid I already knew the answer.

"I cheated on her Aurora... and my supposed best mate video taped it and sent it to Cordelia." I couldn't stop the gasp that escapes my lips. Why would his mate do that? Chase continues before I can say anything. "I found out a few minutes later, I ended up knocking my 'mate' out and I remember rushing outside to my car.. except it wasn't there." I send Chase a confused look, I didn't know cars could disappear.
"Someone took it.." he tells me slowly, I open my mouth in an 'o' shape. "It was funny really, I was drunk, I had ruined my relationship, someone stole my car.." he lists them off on his fingers. "But standing behind me, in her cute little pale pink raincoat, black wavy hair was Cordelia and she was pretty pissed off," I give him a duh look. "She had walked up to me and slapped me, I can still feel the burn of her hand across my cheek. I knew I deserved it but something in me had snapped.." again he runs his fingers through his hair.
"I yelled at her, said some pretty nasty stuff.. she turned out and walked out onto the road, it was raining heavily and you could hardly see past your own nose. I hadn't heard the truck that was about to pass, I shouldn't seen the lights but I hadn't. All I heard was Cordelia's scream and me yelling her name..." he trails off as a tear run down his cheek.
"I killed her Aurora.. I killed her.." Chase says softly. My eyes swell up with hot tears, some fall down my cheeks. I open my eyes to see Chase sitting down, his head between his legs, and mumbling something. I get up on shaky legs, and walk over to him. I softly place my head on his shoulder and reach for his hand, Chase looks across at me, his eyes also red.

"It wasn't your fault Chase, you can't blame yourself," I say softly, squeezing his hand. Chase flinches away from my touch, and I frown, hurt.

"It is my fault, and I will blame myself Aurora," he yells getting up.

"Where are you going?" I yell as I watch him start walking away towards the front gate. I stand back up, I needed to help him. I take a step forward about to start sprinting when Chase stops. Its spooky with the light rain and the mist gathering around us.

"Away from you." It's only three words, three little words but they hurt. I feel a tight pull in my chest, and my stomach tightens. "Go back to where you belong Aurora," I hear him say quietly but loud enough for me to still hear him. "Goodbye my Aurora."

I watch as Chase disappears into the mist, leaving me shivering and hurt. The tight pull in my stomach tightens more, leaving me breathless as my legs give out from beneath me. Chase left me, he left me, he didn't want me, I was nothing. I was beyond hurt by his words but what hurt most was knowing that I still loved him.

"I don't know where I belong...?" I cry into my hands as the weather picks up.

~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~

"AURORA!" yells my mum the next morning. I groan as the light shines through my window and straight into my eyes.

"Fuck you sun.." I mumble into my pillow darkly. As you can probably tell, I haven't slept much and I was crabby as hell.

"AURORA! Get down here, you have a guest," mum yells loudly. I groggily roll onto my back, and look up at my ceiling, closing my eyes and..

"AURORA!"

"Fuck sake women, I'm coming!" I yell annoyed as I finally get up. As I quickly change into sweats and a plain white top, I pull my hair back into a messy bun. "It's only seven-thirty," I mumble as I walk down the stairs. Who was at the door this hour?

"I'm so sorry, you'll have to excuse her foul language this morning," I hear my mum say to the person but I just hear a deep laughter.

"It's quite alright Miss Hayes, I'm used to h.. foul language," he says coughing. Why does that voice rub me the wrong way, I walk around the corner and straight into a hard object, also known as a rock hard body. I groan as strong arms hold me up, why was I so clumsy? no wait why was people always in my way?

"Hello miss smilie," says an amused voice. I look up to find myself face to face with no other than..

"You've got to be fucken kidding me right now?"
_______________________________________________________
I'm so sorry that this is so short. I had it all nice and ready to post and then lovely Wattpad here decided to crash... ugh! I lost all my hard work and can't remember half the stuff I had written so this is terrible but important chapter. I'll probably come back and fix this up when I've finished the book.. but I really wanted to post something for you guys so here's the worse chapter I've ever written yay! *rolls my eyes* I'm ashamed to post this but oh well enough of my boring rambling. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter anyways, I'll be updating more frequently for the next three weeks cause I'm on break YAY! *happy dance-even though I can't dance to save my life* Thursday is my last day but anyway yeah.

Comment. Follow. Vote. 😊

Amy xxx

P.S I'll make sure the next chapter is better hehe