Chapter Four

~ Cover designed by me 😊 ~

"Aurora, we need to talk," mum tells me the next morning. It was late when I had finally decided to come home last night, no one was up. So I had been in the clear from mum, that was until now.

"Uh I can't exactly talk right now mum, I have to get to school," I tell her. I didn't want to go to school, but I didn't want to talk to mum either.

"Oh so you actually want to go to school today Aurora. Yes I know you skipped school yesterday, and I can see that sunburn on your arms even if you're wearing a sweater," she states. I turn around and glance at my mum, who had her head in the fridge.

"Fuck," I say under my breathe.

"Language," yells mum and Becky as she walks into the kitchen. I roll my eyes at the both of them, what could I say, swearing was a habit.

"Aurora I'm not happy with you skipping your first day," mum starts. I sigh as I look in the cabinets for food. "Don't you sigh when I'm talking to you," mum warns me, closing the fridge and staring at me.

"Whatever, keep talking," I tell her as I place my hand on the knob. I turn it slowly hoping to find some food, but instead the latches break and the door lands in my hands. "This place should be fricken demolished, it's unsafe and it's pissing me off," I yell angrily.

"LANGU..." my mum starts to tell me off again. I drop the stupid door on the bench, surprised that didn't break a and throw my hands in the air.

"That's it, I'm hungry and I'm going to school," I tell mum as I grab my keys and head off.

"AURORA, get back here I haven't finished talking to you," mum shouts behind me.

"Well I've finished talking to you and I've had enough of this stupid house," I yell as I slam the door behind me. I take a few steps forward when I hear a cracking noise, confused I turn around just in time to see the front door fall where I was standing a few seconds ago. My mum appears in the now empty door, her eyes wide.

"Guess we need to replace the door too," she says laughing it off. I couldn't believe my mum was making us live here, Becky had a snake in her room last night and mum just said not to bother it. Becky being scared of snakes, ending up sleeping in with me last night.

"How about we demolish the house and get a fucking new one," I say instead, my mum glares at me.

"What have I told you about swearing?" she tells me a little annoyed with me.

"You've told me language actually mum," I say sarcastically as I open my door.

"Don't you be smart with me Aurora," she yells slightly getting mad at me now.

"Love you too mum," I call out, waving as I back out of the driveway and out onto the road. Oh it was just another average day.

~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~

This time when I get to school, I actually grab my bag and walk up the steps of the building. I didn't exactly want to be here, but I knew I had to be. My mum was already angry with me for skipping yesterday, today I would stay here. I notice people glancing at me, some whispering among themselves while others seemed surprised. I guess I did look pretty weird wearing a grey sweater in summer, but at least I had shorts on. I was not taking this sweater off, because if I did people would see and make fun of my crazy red sunburn. No thank you, I'd rather die from the heat of the sweater then embarrassment.

"Hi, are you alright there?" asks someone beside me. I blink, how do people keep sneaking up on me. It's scary.

"I'm fine," I say not wanting to seem like an idiot and not know where the administer was. The guy beside me was about my height, curly red hair, brown eyes and it looked to me like he was up to something.