Thirty-Three

~ Cover designed by @obsessions- {Thanks so much} 😊

IMPORTANT! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END! HEHE.. I NEED YOUR OPINIONS ON SOMETHING!

"School sucks!" complains Summer loudly as we head towards our lockers. It was yet another sunny Monday morning, no scratch that, it was a freezing cold Monday morning. "Ugh! Why is it so cold today?" Summer continues. I raise my eyebrow at her, she was wearing a long, dark red sweater, black leggings under her shorts and dark red tops.

"You just realized?" asks Mike, also raising his eyebrow. Summer turns and glares at the both of us.

"Well school hasn't always sucked.." she states slowly, but then she laughs. "Okay maybe I lied."

"You don't say!" Mike says laughing. "Anyway it's only two months till freedom," he points out smiling.

"But that's two months worth of studying, tests and exams!" Summer sighs.

"Can't school just end now?"

I roll my eyes at my friends, as I stack my books in the locker. I remember to keep my history book out, because I would need to study that today as I have a test last. As I'm about to close my locker, I notice a picture stuck on the door. It was another picture of Chase and I. I quickly grab it, and scrunch it up.

"What are you doing?" Mike asks me, looking around my locker door. When he sees me scrunching up the photo, he gives me a sad smile. "You okay?" he asks me, I throw the photo in the bin beside me. I then grab my bag off the floor, swinging the door to my locker closed.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I say as we wait for Summer to finish with her locker. Mike glances down the corridor before glancing back down at me.

"Because of that!" I sigh as I glance down the corridor. People were everywhere rushing to their lockers before the bell, a few teachers walking pass and.. oh! I turn back to face Summer's locker, so I wasn't looking that way.

"He's an ass!" Summer reminds me, closing her locker door. I nod my head mutely. Summer throws her arm around me, as she guides me up the hall, Mike trailing behind us. The three of us are quiet as we head towards our first classes.

"I'll see you girls at lunch," Mike says as he turns left towards his HPE class. We call out bye as we watch him go, I notice Summer staring at him longer then usual.

"What's going on?" I ask her, taking her by surprise. Summer gives a nervous laugh as she shakes her head.

"Oh there's nothing going on!" she says quickly, too quickly. I watch as my friend says goodbye before she runs off towards her class. Something was defiantly going on there, and I'm going to find out what. I notice that it's awfully quiet without my friends, I guess I was the shadow of the group.

"Miss Hayes, so nice of you to join us," says a sick, sweetly voice. I glance up at hearing my name. I was standing in the door of my English class, the kids were all seated quietly and Miss Simmons were smiling at me. Okay? was I missing something here? I swear the bell hadn't rung yet.

"Uh.. hi?" I say, glancing at the back of the room, there is my chair in the corner. If only I can slowly make my way over there without being cau..

"Why are you late?" Miss Simmons asks, still smiling at me. I don't like that smile, it was evil. You know those fake smiles that people give you, yeah well this is one of them but more evil looking. I take a quick glance at the clock above her head, it was a minute to the bell. Am I having a nightmare or something?

"I'm not late Miss?" I say, glancing around the room again, why was everyone here, sitting in their seats before the bell has even gone.

Ding! Ding! Ding!