Thirty-Six

~ Vector designed by Florexxed {Thanks so much} 😊

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Becky, happy birthday to you." 

"Don't forget to make a wish!" yells Summer as we all stand around the table inside. I watch on as my sister leans over the table to blow out the candles. I laugh as she blows out all thirteen candles the first go. My sister was official thirteen, and boy was she excited. 

"What did you wish for?" asks one of her friends rushing up to her. Becky laughs as she puts her finger to her lips. 

"It's a secret," she says while glancing at me. I smile at her, and she smiles back. 

"Who wants a piece?" asks mum as she's cutting the cake. Everyone screams as they line up. Becky had asked if she could have her favorite, which is chocolate mud cake. 

"Delicious!" Leo says as he takes a bite, Mike nods in agreement. 

"Who made it?" asks Sean stuffing his face with cake. I glance across the room at Jonathan who was grinning at the comments of his wonderful baking skills. 

"Wow! This looks so good!" Chloe, one of Becky's friends says looking down at her piece. 

"That would be your wonderful brother over there," I answer him as I grab my slice. "Thanks mum," I add, my mums smile widens even more. 

"No way! My brother's food doesn't taste this good!" Sean says, earning a hit over the head by Jonathan. I laugh as I make my way over to the large table we had set up outside, I look around to notice there was no spare seats. The table was full of kids and all my friends. 

Oh well, guess the grass is kinda comfy enough. I head over to a shady bit of grass and sit down, grabbing my spoon and digging it into the cake. I then lift the spoon up to my nose, it even smelled good. I then take a bite, and oh gosh! It was certainly delicious. 

"You look like a little lonely puppy!" I look up to see my friends had left the table to come join me. 

"Do not!" I say poking my tongue out at Sean. "Compliments to the chief," I add lifting my plate up to Jonathan who was standing beside me. 

"Thanks," he says smiling down at me, I notice a touch of pink in his cheeks before he looks away. I smile, before looking up at Summer who was covered in pink glitter.. again. Mike laughs as he also glances up to see what I was staring at.

"What happened to you?" he asks when he's able to control his laughter. Summer sends him a mean looking glare, which shuts him up immediately. 

"What happened to you girl?" I ask, Summer sighs as she plunks herself down beside me. I make sure to move over a bit so the glitter doesn't go on me, but that then means I bump into Jonathan's leg by accident. "I'm sorry!" I say quickly looking up at him, Jonathan laughs as he shoos the apology away. 

"Don't be sorry, it's fine," he says before talking to Sean again. I notice that he doesn't move away, even though I'm like nearly sitting on his shoes.

"Little kids and glitter," cries Summer, trying to get the glitter out of her hair. "They always see me, a blonde girl and instantly thinks I'd look good as a barbie!" Mike bursts out laughing again at this, I grin but don't laugh because I don't wanna die. Summer gets her shoe off and throws it at Mike, hitting his shins.

"Ouch! I was just laughing crumby pants," he says grinning at her. "You would look good as barbie, who knows you might even get the part in the next movie.." by then he's running away as Summer chases him around the yard with her other shoe. I laugh, and so does the other kids watching them run around, and Mike trying to hide behind anything he can to stay away from Summer.