Chapter Thirteen

~ Cover designed by malik246 {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"How was your weekend honey?" asks my mum Monday morning. I yearn as I walk to the fridge.

"It was pretty intense," I admit tiredly. Saturday had been the shopping and the singing, yesterday Summer and I went and hanged out at the park.

"Who were you with?" Did you have fun?" she asks me getting all excited.

"Mum!" I groan as I get my cereal and get myself a bowl.

"What? I was a teenager once honey!" She exclaims loudly.

"Yeah mum, we all know," cries Becky suddenly appearing beside me. "Can I have some too?" she asks me, I nod my head.

"You alright honey?" mum asks worriedly, looking across at her youngest daughter.

"Mum, I'm fine," Becky says looking down at the bowl of cereal I placed in front of her. I knew for a fact, that when someone said 'I'm fine,' they're not. I do it, but for now I'll let Becky think that's she fooled everyone.

"Hmm are you sure?" mum continues, frowning slightly.

"Mum!" groans Becky the same way I had not to long before.

"I swear you two are getting more similar each day," mum comments looking at the two of us. Becky and I smile like two idiots.

"She's right you know," someone says loudly.

"Daddy!" cries Becky excitedly as she jumps up and runs towards him. Dave is a pretty tall man, buff kinda figure but not overboard. Short dark hair and long eyelashes and we can't forget about his light blue eyes. To be honest, I could see why mum married him if he looked like this in his earlier days. Dave was a nice friendly bloke, good looking, funny but for me.. he was just an arsehole.

"Oh look at you Becky, you've grown so much since the last time I saw you," he comments, tickling her.

"Maybe that's because you haven't seen us in three years," I whisper harshly under my breathe. My mother who's sitting close by me, hears and glares at me.

"Behave honey," she whispers before going up and getting her hug. What was wrong with these people? Hello, he cheated on us all, do you not remember?

"My little Aurora darling," Dave says, opening his arms out and smiling at him.

"Don't you DARE call me that," I tell him angrily, not caring about the behave rule. I notice Dave and my mum sigh.

"Just give your father a hug Aurora," mum says as she starts another round of breakfast.

"I'm just asking for a hug as your dad," Dave continues. I glare at him, trying to calm down but when he said that d word, I lost it.

"You're not my FRICKEN DAD, I don't even know who he is anymore, I don't know where he's gone," I yell at him. "I haven't had a fricken dad since he walked out on us all those years ago," I continue to yell at him. I hear my mum and sister say language a few times, but I don't care. At each attack I set on Dave, he flinches, and so he should. "I used to think my dad was the best guy ever," I say quietly. "He took me to the park, he chased me around, played barbie dolls with me, we all watched movies..." I say softly. "We were a happy family.." I then look up at him. "So why the FUCK did you have to ruin it," I yell, then I soften my voice. "Were we not enough for you?" I ask quietly, the room goes deadly quiet. I stare up at him, his eyes are wide, and his mouth opens then shuts. I glare at him angrily. "That's what I fricken thought!" I tell him as I barge past him, I walk past my sister and my mum. Before I walk around the door, I glance back at Becky, her eyes wide looking at me then mum and then Dave. I take a deep breathe as I walked out, knowing that no one would try and get me to stay.