Chapter Fourteen

~ Cover designed by The13thDreamer {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"Tell me you're joking, you're joking... right?" I ask him. Chase stays quiet and concentrates on the road. Oh fuck, he wasn't kidding, he isn't joking. Calm down Aurora. I try not to think about that, and instead stare out the window. My life has flashed in front of my eyes, and the stupid piece of gum trapped me. Ugh, I'm never buying any gum ever again. Like ever. "I'm bored!" I whine, placing my hands on my knees and my head resting on my hands. It had started to rain a while back and it was still raining.

"No you're not, don't say you're bored," Chase mumbles. I grin, I was very tempted to have a little fun but I didn't want a crash on my hands and another near death experience. I groan as I look out the window again, watching the rain drizzle down.

"Where are we going?" I ask him, I didn't recognize anything, then again it was raining pretty heavily out there.

"Why is it every time I don't want you to talk, you talk," groans Chase, glancing at me. I give him a cheeky smile, and he groans again looking away.

"I don't follow rules or instructions and that was an instruction," I point out.

"Ok, ok. If I tell you where we're going will you stay quiet?" he asks, I think my answer over.

"Can't make any promises, but I'll try," I say. Looking back out the window, still nothing that I had seen before.

"Well how about you look out your window.. now," he says just as we round a corner. I sigh in annoyance but look out. Oh my god, it was water as in the ocean water, and sand.

"A beach!" I cry happily, I hadn't been to a beach in ages.

"So was the wait worth it?" he asks as my eyes are glued to the window. Golden sand, crystal clear looking water. I turn in my seat and glare at him.

"Four hours for a beach, I don't know," I try to say in my best serious voice.

"Well you did miss school," he points out, I grin.

"Brownie points for you for that one," I tell watching as he grins. "But you're still negative though," I remind him. I feel guilty as the smile fades into a sad pout.

"Kitten, I'm sorry about that.. and trust me, I feel bad enough," he says sadly. I feel bad for bringing it up now.

"Why did you kiss me?" I ask him instead. Chase glances at me before turning back to the wheel.

"Why not?" he asks instead of answering. I sigh, was I going to get an actual answer.

"Chase, I'm serious," I tell him, as I cross my arms and stare at him. I grab hold of the sides when he quickly turns onto the side of the road. My head comes in contact with the window. "What the duck!" I yell at him angrily. Chase takes his seatbelt off, and grins as I yell at him.

"The duck?" he asks teasing me. I groan, I had just banged my head on the window, don't judge people.

"I meant fuck not duck," I tell him huffing. Chase grins as he leans over to me.

"I think you meant duck kitten," he whispers as he brings his lips to place a soft kiss on the tip of my nose. In response, my nose wiggles after he moves away. "I wanted to do that since the ice-cream incident," he tells me smiling, his eyes sparkly in the sunlight.

"Stop kissing me Chase," I tell him off but really I wanted more. More of his soft lips but I needed answers. Chase pouts sadly but leans back. "Answers first," I say as he begins driving again.

"It's pretty simple Aurora, I've liked you since I saw you sleeping on the hood of your car," he says softly.

"Not a car," I remind him, I catch his grin.