Thirty-Five

~ Picspam designed by Me 😊

I wake up to the sound of someone snoring softly. It then takes me a few minutes to realize where I am.

"The hospital.." I mumble, looking at the pale yellow walls around me. I had never been a fan of hospitals, to be honest, I don't think anyone is. My room was pretty small, I could see a few chairs in the corner and another at the window. My eyes zone in on the chair near the window, there was someone slumped over sleeping soundly. That's when the soft snoring start's up again.

I can't help but smile at the sound. I'm not able to make out who is in the chair, but it looks more of a male figure. I hear a soft beep beside me, making me look over to my right. I see the table that was beside me earlier, the jug was still there but the phone wasn't in sight. Instead, there was now an alarm clock which was flashing blue lights at me 5:02.

"I'm too old to be sleeping like this," a deep voice complains loudly. I jump at the sudden noise, turning to look back by the window. It was indeed a male who had been sleeping in the chair. Although he was no longer in the chair but standing up, stretching. The guy is around average height, maybe a little taller since I'm laying down. He looked to be well muscled, but still slim in a good way.

The guy was slowing making his way closer towards me. I could see that he has short brunette hair, which curled slightly at the ends and stormy blue eyes like crashing waves. He was dressed in modest clothes, yet still keeping it very simple. As he comes closer and closer, I realize that he isn't a guy, he's a man.

"Sorry to scare you Aurora," he says, finally coming to stand beside the bed, looking down at me.

"You didn't scare me, something just bit me!" I state, crossing my arms over my chest. Why does every little thing scare me now days. The man's lips lift up into a smile, as he shakes his head.

"You remind me so much of me!" he says laughing, I raise my eyebrow.

"And who are you exactly?" I ask, he does look familiar the more I look at him. The man laughs at my question, and not just a 'haha' more of a 'that's fuckin hilarious' holding stomach laugh. I raise my eyebrow at him the whole time. Well he must be someone I know to be allowed in my room, right?

"Sorry.. sorry!" he cries still holding his stomach. "It's just.." he stands up straight, smiling.

"It's just?.." I copy him.

"I don't hear that question a lot," he finally explains. I notice that he's got a strong accent, maybe Canadian.

"Oh!" I mumble, bringing the blanket up closer to me.

"Your friends sent me an email a few days ago," he admits, bringing a chair over next to the bed. I frown. "Thought I would come and say hi to you in person." Again I frown, but then a light bulb goes off in my head.

"You're Leo Keith!" I say, looking across from my biological father. The men smiles as he nods his head.

"The one and only," he jokes, making me smile. I know I should be a little mad or upset with him, but I can't help but be a little happy.

"How.. why?" I ask glancing around my room again, I notice flowers that I hadn't noticed before.

"How.. well I booked a flight and come here and for why.." I glance back at him to see he was watching me. "I made a mistake, and you're my daughter.. I want to get to know her," he says casting a look out the window. "But I understand if you don't want to know me," he says softly, looking back down at me.

I glance down at my hands. For my whole life I knew Dave was never my father, sure we looked a little similar but there was always that edge with us. When I had done well at school and I had received a medal, Dave had just said well done kid. But when Becky got something, he would hang it on the wall, and go treat her for ice-cream or new clothes.