Chapter Sixteen

~ Cover designed by BrokenOaths {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"This is your room dar..."

"Don't call me darling," I tell him, facing him. Dave sighs as he runs his hands through his dark short hair.

"Well how about you unpack a bit and come downstairs once you've finished," he suggests quietly. I full on glare at him. "Aurora!" he sighs getting frustrated from my silent talk on him.. again. Here's the thing, I didn't want to be here, I was here against my will.

"Fine," I mumble quietly, so that he could leave me alone.

"Rachel will start dinner when she returns from work soon," he informs me before he closes the door. Oh god, the house was sure to be set on fire tonight. The last time I had been for a sleepover with Dave and Rachel, I was eight and she burned my two-minute noodles. Like what the fuck! How do you burn them? I don't been just stiff, I mean completely burnt like ash.

I look around my room in shook, I had forgotten what it was like to be related to a rich person. My room was huge, a big queen size bed with a pale blue blanket, and two side tables. There was also a walk in wardrobe at the end and my own private bathroom with a spa bath. Yes a spa bath people. Along with that, there was a desk, a bookcase and a chair by the French windows. The walls were painted a pale blue, matching the blanket on my bed, and white curtains and on the wall, was a massive wide screen tv. As much as I hated Dave and Rachel, I was jealous of this mansion of a home while we lived in a tiny little house that had nearly murdered me at the start.

I throw my suitcase onto the floor by the bed, to lazy to unpack. I then throw myself onto the bed, enjoying the softness it gave off. I feel something hard dig into my hip bone, hurting me. I quickly reach into my pocket to find my phone, I turn it back on. Why I'm waiting for it to reboot, I look up at the ceiling to see little pale blue swirls decorating the white ceiling. To be honest here, I loved my new room. The last one I had was in Arizona, and it was all pink and frills. Yeah I haven't been on a sleepover at Dave's for a very very long time. After Rachel and my dad got engaged however, they decided to move here, Miami, Florida.

My phone glows up as it finally loads back up, it let's off a series of beeps. I pick my phone back up and scroll through my messages and missed calls.

Hi honey, how was your flight?
Hi again darling, you should be home now, and must have forgot to turn your phone on.
Hi sweetie, hope you're having fun.

They were all messages from mum, that is until I see one blocked number. Frowning slightly, I open it up and read it.

Hey sweet-pea ;)
How was your flight? I hope it was.. calming and I'd be surprised if you haven't lost your tempter yet =P
Anyway I miss you like crazy already, and I really want to see you.
~C~

I finally realise that my mouth is open, probably letting flies in, so I close it. Sweet-pea? C? Was this a message from Chase? I jump when my phone starts ringing and jumping in my hands. I quickly fiddle with the buttons, until finally I press the right one.

"H-hello?" I ask, still taking deep breathes from my shock.

"Did you run all the way to your phone or something?" asks a deep amused voice. My insides melt when I hear his voice, it's him, it's Chase.

"Haha mister! You're fricken hilarious," I tell him sarcastically. I grin as I hear him laughing on the over end of the phone.

"I know I am. Anyway more importantly, what took you so long to see the message? I've been waiting for ages," he whines.