Twenty-Three

~ Banner designed by -bashful {Thanks so much} 😊 ~

"Finally!" I say loudly, leaning back and swinging around in my desk chair. I quickly press a few keys until I hear my printer printing the pages out. I then click the save button, before logging off. "Yes!" I get up and grab the pages out of the printer and clip them all together. "Take that English paper, you wanted 5,000 words. But then Miss Miles asked for 7,000 because I've missed school work. Well guess what, here's my paper containing 10,269 words," I yell throwing the paper on my bed.

"Is everything alright dear?" my mum asks worriedly, popping her head around the corner of the door.

"Everything's fine mum, I just finished my English paper that's due Monday. The teacher wanted me to do 7,000 words.." I explain.

"Knowing you honey, you did more," mum says crossing her arms smiling.

"Only 3,269 words more. So not really that much more," I grin, shrugging, mum laughs.

"You alright honey? You've been up here since you got back from school," mum asks stepping into the room and taking a seat on the end of my bed. I take a deep breathe.

"Yeah I'm fine mum, just really wanted to get this done," I tell her.

"Hmm ok then, I'll leave you to it. I'm going to take Becky to the mall to buy her a new dress to wear to the party she's been invited to," mum says quietly. "Do you need anything?" she asks me, I shake my head.

"See you when you get back," I yell after her.

~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~

"I'm so bored!" I complain out loud. It was currently five-fifteen, mum and Becky were still out shopping. I had rang Summer earlier but she was locked up in her 'prison cell' also know as her bedroom, studying. I was about to go downstairs to get myself something to snack on when my phone beeps. I jump at the sudden noise, seriously was I that jumpy at every little thing. I find my phone under my school bag.

"I'm not going to even ask how you got there," I state frowning as I open the message up.

Hey kitten, sorry about leaving at lunch and then not seeing you later. I had to stay back for detention this afternoon, but I was wondering.. since it's Friday. Do you wanna do something tonight? XD
~C~

I re-read the message, detention.. something didn't feel right but I ignore the feeling.

Yeah sure, I'm bored as here. You're my lifesaver! =P

I always forget you live like down the road from me XP anyway be at your place in five

I type back ok, then I drop my phone, luckily it landed on my bed. Five minutes, I look down baggy pants and t-shirt. Change of clothes I think, sorry baggy pants I still love you.

"Aurora!" someone shouts not even three minutes later. How is it I can hear him pretty loudly? he must be either yelling or all the windows were open. I quickly tie my hair up in a loose bun and grab my cardigan off the chair.

"Why does it feel like I'm forgetting something?" I ask myself, I glance around my room.

"Maybe it's because you are missing something!" someone speaks up. I jump, looking around to see who had sneaked up and scared me.

"You're going to fricken give me a heart attack one day Chase!" I yell at him. "And dying is not on my to-do list at the moment," I tell him angrily. I blink. "H-how did you get in here?" I ask him wearily. Mum always locked the door behind her, Chase grins cheekily.

"It's a secret," he says grinning as he walks over to my bed and picks up my phone. "This is what you were probably forgetting," he adds handing over my phone. I blink as I glance at my bed, my phone and then look up at Chase, confused.

"How did you know my phone was there?" I ask him frowning, as I tilt my head to study him. Chase looks amused as he watches me, he opens his mouth. "And don't say it's a secret," I add, Chase pouts.

"How did you know I was going to say that?" he whines as we head downstairs.

"Two reasons," I say as we continue down the stairs. "One it's a secret!" I say cheekily making him smile. "And two, I know you pretty well mister," I add smiling. Chase's smile drops slightly, and he looks away.

"We better get going," he says quietly, heading outside. I frown, sudden change of mood or what.

~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~ _ ~

"Two tickets, thanks!" Chase says as he pays for the tickets and snacks.

"I feel like a kid," I mumble quietly taking my frozen coke and our big pop-corn. Chase grabbed his drink, and the ice-creams, plus the tickets.

"Why do you feel like a kid?" he asks me as we make our way to a free seat to wait for the other movie to finish.

"Because you wouldn't let me buy anything," I pout. Chase frowns slightly, taking a sip of his drink.

"Why are you upset about that?" he asks watching a couple walk by.

"Because I like paying for my own things, I like to be independent," I say shrugging.

"But then I would've felt off letting you buy," Chase admits glancing at the floor.

"How come?" I ask him, all the over guys I had dated made me pay for everything. Those fricken jerks.

"Uh.. It's hard to explain," he mumbles rubbing the back of his neck.

"At least try," I ask him, feeding him one popcorn. Chase smiles as he eats the popcorn.

"It's just.. I feel responsible for you I guess, I want to support you.." he mumbles shyly looking anywhere but me. "And that means I want to pay for meals, movies and things.." he finishes. I smile, aww he was so sweet.

"You're cute when you're shy," I comment kissing his cheek.

"Oh shut up kitten," he says but he's smirking. It's then that I realise my feelings for Chase were growing, was this a good thing though? "Earth to Aurora!" I blink as Chase waves his hands in front of me.

"Uh yeah?" I ask, looking up at him with a small smile.

"The movies about to begin babe," he repeats himself, amused.

"Ooh!" I say getting up and grabbing the snacks, Chase laughs quietly.

"You're adorable kitten!" I freeze and look up at him. No one had ever called me adorable.

"I.."

Beep, beep. The moment was broken by my phone, groaning I get it out of my pocket and open it up.

"Who is it Aurora?" Chase asks me as he grabs the rest of the snacks. I shake as I re-read the message.. twice, I quickly turn my phone on silent and shove it in my pocket. "You alright?" Chase asks me worriedly, I nod my head.

"Just my mum asking where I am," I lie, faking a smile as we find our seats.

"Oh, okay," he says handing me my ice-cream. I feel my phone vibrate, groaning I check it before the movie starts. I flinch as I see the message lighting up the screen, this turn I turn my phone completely off. "Your mum really wants your attention," Chase jokes smiling. I give him a fake smile. I look around us, everything seemed normal enough. Sighing at my silly thought, I move over to Chase and snuggle into him. Chase brings his arm around me, just as the lights go off and the movie starts. I would worry about the message later.
_______________________________________________________
What is the message? Hmm I guess we'll have to find out 😜
Thank you so much -bashful for the gorgeous banner, love it! 😄
If you guys have any questions, don't be afraid to ask 😃
A HUGE THANK YOU ALL for over 17K reads, like WOAH! Amazing, I never would've thought my story would get this many reads and votes.. It's even more amazing because my story hasn't been going for very long at all.. tomorrow will be a month so yeah PRETTY COOL I reckon ☺️
Comment, follow, vote if you'd like more 😊
Amy xxx