Chapter 14

The comments you guys leave are hilarious and so sweet (: -U
••••

The first thing I felt was the pain in my head. Even before I opened my eyes, the throbbing skull-splitting pain in my head embraced me. I felt like I was experiencing a stampede straight out of 'Jumanji' right inside my skull. I bit down on my lip to keep from screaming out in agony and immediately tasted blood. The pain from my lips and the pain from my head ultimately intensified the pain that I was already feeling.

Fragments and pieces of the previous night suddenly came rushing into my head. Most of it was a blur, and I was in too much pain to even comprehend my memories.

I slowly opened my eyes and a second wave of panic set in. I wasn't in my room. There was a chandelier hanging above me. I did not have a chandelier in my room, or anywhere in my apartment for that matter. I stared at the chandelier just hanging there in all its golden glory for a while.

I turned my head slowly and began to take in the rest of my environment. I was in a large king-sized bed in a room I didn't recognize. The furniture looked expensive, the denim blue bed sheets on the bed felt so soft. There was a hanging of the painting Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh just a few feet away from where I laid.

More like Blurry Night.

I turned my head slowly to take in the other side of my surroundings. I once again bit down on my lip as the pounding in my head intensified. I squeezed my eyes shut, willing for the pain to go away. After a few minutes, I opened my eyes up again. The bright light coming from the chandelier hurt, and I turned my head sharply to avoid staring directly into it.

That's when I noticed Miss Rose seated on a sofa a little distance away. Her eyes were shut and her hair was falling over her eyes. From the steady rise and fall of her chest, I could tell that she was asleep.

I don't know how it was possible, but relief and panic washed over me simultaneously. Relief that I wasn't in some weirdo's bed, and panic that came with the realization that I was in Miss Rose's bed. Last night's events started rushing back to me and the relief was gone now, only leaving me with panic.

"FUCK!" I yelled out. I had tried to sit up in bed and instantly regretted it. The pain in my head left me clutching my skull as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Muna?" I heard Miss Rose's voice from the sofa. Her voice was groggy and her eyes opened slowly. Her green eyes stared at me for a few moments with confusion, which slowly morphed into realization.

"Shit Muna", all of a sudden Miss Rose was next to me on the bed, "drink this."

She handed me two blue pills and a glass of water she seemed to have whipped out of mid-air; I didn't say anything but just did as I was told. I was in too much pain to do anything else.

"You're probably wondering where you are, um, you are at my house. You were puking a lot last night, and I didn't want you alone in your apartment in that state," Miss Rose was rambling on, she was speaking quite fast as well. I could barely even catch unto the words coming out of her mouth.

Puking? I puked in front of Miss Rose? I groaned audibly, bringing my hands up to cover my face. This was for sure an all-time low for me. Miss Rose threw this lovely party for me last night, and how did I repay her? I threw up in her face. I felt an extra level of guilt knowing that Miss Rose had spent the night on the sofa because she was too worried to leave me alone.

"You okay, Muna?" I heard Miss Rose ask, concern etched into her voice.

I mumbled a feeble, "yeah" refusing to take my hands away from my face. I felt a mixture of pain and embarrassment.