2

"Isa. What a beautiful name. My name's Hange Zoe I'm your doctor. I know this must be overwhelming especially since you don't remember anything right now but I want you to think hard to try and remember how you got up on that mountain."

"I didn't forget anything"

"What do you mean"

"I don't have this 'amnesia' you speak of"

"What do you remember then"

"I don't know what year is it but when I lived my race escaped the populated areas and we lived here in peace for hundreds of years. We had no contact with the outside world and we kept it that way. We were safe until those things attacked. On that day I had gotten into a fight with my father and ran away into the mountain. It was my hiding spot, a place where I could calm down and feel safe. But that day my sanctuary is where I would witness the destruction of my village. Those things marched into the village and destroyed everything. I could see it from the mountain there was nothing left to go back to. So I screamed. That's the last thing I remember"

"So what you're saying is you've been in that ice for over a hundred years?"

"Yes, most likely"

"How did you survive"

I knew exactly how I survived. I had special blood that ran through my veins. When my race first appeared hundreds of years ago almost everyone born was gifted but as the years went by each generation had less and less gifted with power. By the time I was born I was one of the only ones left.

"I don't know"

I knew exactly how but my we left the mainland for a reason. I wasn't about to blatantly put out there my secret. I was given this power to protect my people. And these aren't my people.

"Well, we have time to figure that out. But first, we should probably catch you up on everything that's happened in the past hundred years."

I was then told that a hundred years ago Titans appeared and ravaged the land. They killed off almost all of the population but then the walls were built and what was left of humanity has been living in them since then. Although the story made sense it was hard to believe that all of humanity had been brutally murdered. But then again my village and race were also victims of those monsters.

"Wow that's a lot to take in'

"I think your story is more to take in if we're being honest. But they assigned me to your case for that very reason"

"They?"

"Well after the Garrison Soldiers took you off those boys' hands you were going to be given to the Military Police but Darius Zachly the general of the military decided it would be best to be put under my care since I'm a scientist and fea with crazy things."

"Garrison, Military Police, Scouts, what the hell are you talking about"

She scratched the back of her head in the obvious realization that I had no idea what she was talking about. For being a great scientist she didn't seem that smart.

"Oh right," she chuckled "There are three branches of the military within the walls. The Garrison Regiment protects the walls in case of a titan attack but they are basically just drunks that sit around all day. The Military Police protect the king in the inner wall and are nothing but a corrupt branch. Then the Scouts we go outside of the walls in pursuit of finding out more about Titans in hopes of one day being free from their reign"

"They all sound like a bunch of idiots. Except you guys. I respect that putting your lives on the front lines for the freedom of others. That's what I was supposed to do. I was supposed to protect everyone"

"Protect everyone? How so"

I mentally scolded myself. How could I slip up like that so early on. I quickly thought of a lie

"I was a warrior"

Well, technically that wasn't a lie my father trained me like he would a son. I was supposed to take his place as the chief of the tribe once I became of age. I was a warrior trained to protect from anyone and anything that threatened my people's safety. But when they came I failed them. I have no right calling myself the Chief's daughter. I was nothing but a disappointment to my family's name.

"So you're skilled?"

"I'm not sure what you would consider talented"

"Well, we take any talent at the survey corps. God knows we need it. So how about it?"

"Join the survey corps? I mean I have nothing left to go back to and no place in your world. And if I can avenge my family maybe I can redeem myself and finally call myself the leader of the Eis Tribe"

"But before you do you still need to rest and I'd like to run a few more test to figure out how you survived. Then in a few days we can see how much skill you actually have."

How pitiful here she is trying to figure out how the hell a small human-like me survived and I know the truth. I can't tell them anything though for all I know they could target me if they found out the truth. I might become the enemy if they figure out the truth. Yet here in this room with her, I felt a sense of safety. Even though my old life had been taken away from me I felt as if I was given a new chance to make up for it. I could become who I was meant to be, the warrior Isa Reine"

-------------

That's it for chapter 2

-justawriter