14

Edit: Revised

---------

I walked down the halls of the building ready to head to the old Scout Regiment Headquarters where we would be keeping Eren before we head out to reclaim Wall Maria. For days passing I've been thinking if we are able to claim Wall Maria and Eren is accepted as an ally would this be my chance to show who I really am? All these years I've been waiting for this chance and maybe I can finally take it.

If I'm using my full power I'm sure I'd be a great help more than I already am. I could be beneficial. But I've been lying for 3 years. Which reminds me that they'll always see me as a threat. And since I never really became close to anyone no one will stand up for me the way Eren's friends stood up for him. All these people here are my comrades but I don't know if I'd go as far as to call them friends. I've seen too many soldiers die to let anyone else in.

As I turned the corner I was faced bumped into someone's shoulder.

"Watch where you're going, Reine "

"Sorry that was my fault"

"Tch"

"Anyway I had something to ask you"

He stayed quiet indicating I could speak

"Do you trust me?"

"What kind of question is that?" Stealing my lines I see.

"Well?" I stood there looking at him.

"I trust you'll pull through for this mission" He looked at me with the unchanging expression he always held. I don't know what I expected from him even after 3 years there was a part of him that didn't trust me but I didn't blame him. I was disappointed, to say the least, but I reminded myself that I was indeed hiding something.

"Well not the straightforward answer I was looking for but I still got my answer none the less. See you at the stables" I walked away and headed to go get Mond ready for the journey ahead of us.

-------

"The old Scout regiment headquarters. Just as you'd expect from a renovated old castle, it looks fancy and all. But being so dar from the wall and the river it wound up being totally useless for the Scouts. That was back in the early days when everyone had high hopes. Still to think that this oversized decoration would end up as the perfect holding place for you now..." Eren turned around to face Levi and jumped as if he'd just seen a ghost. To be fair Levi was a bit scary when he wanted to be. I found it funny when others stiffened around him. 

I rode on Mond next to Levi in the back. "He's scared of you" I leaned over to whisper. 

"Should be" 

"You're never going to trust him if you keep pushing him away like that." I turned to face him. 

"I don't plan on trusting him"

"You see anyone with potential as a threat"

"Tch"

Suddenly Oluo screamed in pain. We both looked forward to see him grab his mouth. What an idiot he bit his tongue again. One of these days he's going to bite it off, not that I wouldn't mind though. We continued forward to the castle and began to but the horse's way.

"Talking on a horse is a guaranteed way to bite your tongue." Petra scolded Oluo

"First impressions are important. I had that rookie scared stiff" 

"Actually, I think he was shocked at how dumb you are." I chuckled at Petra's comment

"Whatever the case, it went exactly as planned."