5

I couldn't sleep much that night. I was a bit scared that I wasn't going to pass the next exam and then waste away another 2 years at the training corps. I'd already lost a hundred years. I wasn't going to sit around and get trained with people who were obviously not at my level. I mean yesterday's combat session proved that.

I sat at the edge of my bed putting on my boots that HÏange had given me. Most of the clothing they gave me seemed pretty normal. Although I was used to being a bit more layered since I lived in the cold my whole life.
"Good Morning shorty!" Hange burst through my door screaming.

"Yeah good morning"

"You ready?

"Ready as I'll ever be"

As we walked down the hallways I couldn't help but think that if all these soldiers here passed the test maybe I could too. I mean granted they had 2 years of training but I had 23 years of experience. I was also a fast learner so maybe I could.

Hange led me to the front of the building where there was a carriage waiting.

"Here we are. It's a bit of a trip so I decided to get a carriage for us."

"Wow, we didn't have this in my time. Most of the time we just rode horses. And at times set out on foot"

"On foot? If I remember correctly you're from the mountains no?"

"Yes that's correct"

"Isn't that rough terrain and especially since there's snow almost year round"

"Well we were born there, our bodies were practically made for the cold"

"Maybe that explains how you survived"

That's not the reason but again I wasn't going to tell her. As long as she didn't decide to go extra research on me I just looked like a normal human and that's what I was going to be. The ride to the trainee corps took about 2 hours but I had conversation with Hange to pass the time. Or more realistically I sat there while she went on about her fascination with titans. Although everyone thought of them as monsters she seemed to have a different view on them. Like misunderstood creatures. Kind of like me. No that's not right they kill for fun, I wouldn't do that.

"We're here!"

"Wow this is way bigger than I thought"
"Well they need as much space as possible to train"

We walked towards a cabin which seemed to be someone's office. Hange simply opened the door and walked in.

"Sadis. Nice to see you again."

An intimidating man who looked as if she hadn't slept in years sat at the big desk and the end of the room. He stood up.

"I would say the same Hange but frankly I'm busy"

"Did you not receive my notice that I would come for a visit?"

"I did but that doesn't mean I'm going to clear my day for you."

"Understandable"

He looked my way as he seemed to analyze me and figure out my character. I didn't break eye contact though I wasn't weak.

"And who do we have here?"

"That's a bit of a story but this is Isa Reiene. She is a potential soldier for the survey corps."

"I've never heard of her, how come she hasn't gone through training?"

"Well initially that was the plan but after seeing her perform yesterday I think it's safe to say she doesn't need it"