17

"Come on Eren put some effort into it"

"I'm trying Isa"

"If you can't beat me then you'll be titan food"

"That's not fair you're basically the strongest person here" Levi looked over and scolded Eren. I chuckled. We had been training Eren in combat since he'd probably be battling Titans on the way to the wall and he needed to be in tip top shape.

"Come on take another swing" he stood up and positioned his body in a fighting stance. We paced around in circles until he finally swung. I dodged using this time to grab his body and knee him. After that i swung my leg over his head using that momentum to bring him down rolling on the ground and then I stood back up. He lay there out of breath.

"That's just not fair. You should fight someone your own size Isa"

"Maybe you're right" I turned to face Levi he made eye contact with me. I pointed my finger at him. "You" He started to walk over to me and stopped inches away from my face. "I'll never lay a finger on you"

"Why not come on, you're the only one here that matches my skill level. I'd love a good spar."

"If you want a good spar then be a good teacher"

"I'll get that fight one day" He turned around and walked away leaving me and Eren on the field alone.

"What's his problem" I asked

"Maybe he doesn't like to hit women"

"That's not true he beat the shit out of you the day in court" I turned around to see Eren with a straight face "Awe come on not even a chuckle?"

"No."

"Rude. Anyway get back up we're going to keep fighting until you can land a punch on me"

"Don't you think I've had enough? My legs are going to give out" he said in a sarcastic tone.

"Don't mistake my friendly demeanor for naiveness."

"Thought I had you there"

"I'm no idiot now punch me".

-------

Eren landed zero punches but every time he got a little closer so I guess that's progress. But at this rate we'll all be dead before we reach the walls. I've been thinking how I can break the news to everyone of my powers. How do you even go about that "Hey I've been lying to you for years and I can actually do amazing things and save everyone's lives. Please don't kill me?"

There were so many factors that went into it. If I were to tell the Scouts would they tell everyone else? And even if they didn't it was impossible to keep things a secret. Maybe I could tell Levi. Would he keep my secret?

I walked Eren down into the basement. We had just finished dinner and everyone was heading back to sleep. I picked up a blanket he had on the floor and folded it while he got into bed. He finally broke the silence.

"Thank you Isa"

"Hmm?"

"I just wanted to thank you for everything. You treat me normally and you take care of me "

I walked over to the side of the bed and sat down. I ruffled his hair

"No problem kid"

"You remind me of my mom"

I smiled. "You remind me of someone I used to know"

"Who?"

"He was my childhood best friend. We grew up together. We did everything together. He left on a trip one day and I never got to say goodbye to him" I looked down. Eren grabbed my hand.