19

I laid on the grass next to the lake at the edge of my village. It was around midnight and the sky was clear. The moonlight was so bright that you could see everything on the field for miles. Nights like these I'm reminded of how beautiful the simple things in life can be.

"I knew I would find you here" I heard a voice from the right

"Then why'd you come"

"Harsh"

"Don't act so surprised you brought this upon yourself"

"You act like I can do anything about the situation."

"Yes. Yes you can"

"What can I do?"

"Tell my father you want to take your brothers place"

"It's his birthright"

"You know my father would let you take his place"

"How do you know?" He sat next to me, his chin on his palm.

"Because" I sat up and turned to face him "Because you feel the same as me"

He jumped up surprised, his face lit up. "I thought you'd never admit it" he smiled

"Did you need me to" I looked away embarrassingly

"Well ever since I kissed you, you haven't really brought up the subject"

"How could I. It's embarrassing"

"So then you admit it. You want me to marry you"

"I never said that"

"Well that's what taking my brothers place means"

"Well better you than him"

"Wow so you only want me to take his place because I'm the lesser "worse"" He shook his head sarcastically "You don't even like me"

I pushed his shoulder and he fell over "Don't make me say it" He sat back up and pushed me to the ground. He hovered over me. His teal eyes looked like the lake's water on a midsummer day. "Fine. I'll talk to your father. I couldn't stand to see you with anyone else other than me." His face got closer to mine. He lowered his lips to my ear "You're mine". He pushed his lips against mine.

I sat up in bed. That was an intense memory. I never did get to marry him. I wonder how different my life would have been if the titans never came. Would I have a happy family and continue the Eis Tribe? Guess we'll never know since the bloodline ends with me. I cleared my head and looked at my surroundings. I was in some sort of dungeon. Suddenly my memories came rushing back. I used my powers to protect myself from the fall. They must've found me surrounded in ice and did what they thought was best. Which I guess was lock me in here.

"Ahh good you're awake" I looked up to be faced with the Commander of the Scouts. "Now before you say anything tell me right here right now" He walked towards the cell doors and reached his hands up to the poles. "Who are you"

"Isa Reine"

"Stop being a smart ass and tell us the truth right now"

"How about you tell Hange to come from the other side of that wall and explain what she knows"

Hange walked out from her hiding spot "How'd you know I was there" she looked at me with glistening eyes. I shrugged my shoulders. Erwin looked back at her confused