30

I stood next to Levi awaiting orders for the plan to take down the Reiss Titan.

"We've determined the location of the Rod Reiss Titan. It's southwest, approaching Orvud. At this rate, it should reach Orvud District by dawn."

"Understood. Commander Erwin, we'd all like to hear what your plan is. How do you intend to evaluate the citizens in time?"

"We won't evacuate."

"Wh-What?"

"We'll have the citizens remain in Orvud District just as they are." Everyone looked around at each other confused.

"Are you insane?" He grabbed his collar "Keep the citizens in the city without evacuating?! By the time it's dawn that Titan will be all over us!"

"That titan is an Abnormal." Hange interrupted

"What the hell does that even mean?!"

"The target Titan is strangely attracted to high concentrations of people. Hence, Abnormal. It means the fellow will turn a blind eye to a small village, ignoring it in favor of reaching this fortified city. If right now you were to evacuate the citizens within Wall Sina, it would be drawn towards them, destroying the wall and all in its path. In the end, it would reach Mitras, with the greatest density of people and delivering a blow to humanity. On our way back we attempted to use Eren Jaeger's power to control Titans, but Rod Reiss' Titan showed no reaction. I thought back to earlier.

Eren stood up on the wagon. He punched the air

"Stop, Titan! Hey, stop! I'm talking to you! Can't you hear me, idiot?! Rod Reiss, that means you! You tiny old man!" Eren paused. I looked back to see Levi staring at him I couldn't stop myself and chuckled. I brought myself back to the present trying to hold back my laughter.

"If we are to stop that Titan, we must do so outside the walls of Orvud District. For that to happen, we must have the citizens act as bait. However, this does not change the fact that our first duty as soldiers is to protect the citizens. Supposing we're unable to halt the target, we'll take measures so that not a single citizen is killed. We'll announce an emergency evacuation drill for Orvud District, so that is needed, the citizens will be ready to evacuate at once."

"It seems there's no other choice... "

"The body of our target is the largest we've ever seen. As such, it presents an easy target. Wall-mounted cannons should prove highly effective, but... If that's not enough to bring it down..." he looked over at us. The Scout Regiment will throw everything we have at it."

The meeting was pretty much over I decided to walk back out. I was tired and needed sleep. I know there's a roof on this building and since there's probably not any beds for me anyway I don't mind the ground. I aimlessly wandered around the halls till I found the hatch to the roof I twisted the nob and it opened. I climbed up. The night sky was clear as ever. I looked around and saw some fabric on the floor. I walked over to it and picked it up. Looked like a cover for a wagon and it was pretty clean. I don't know why this is up here but don't mind if I do. I picked it up and laid it down in the corner. I sat down and laid my body in a starfish position. I closed my eyes and laid there for a second taking in the quiet. I opened my eyes to be met with Levi looking down at me. I jumped.

"You need to stop doing that"

"And you need to stop sneaking out of meetings and coming to the roof of every building"

"Is it so bad that I want peace and quiet"

"No, I guess not" I sat up and patted next to me. He sat behind me in a way where if I turned left I could still see his face.