23

I walked with Levi to get Hange as we were preparing to leave. Levi leaned on the door.

"Hey." he said loud enough to startle her "Get moving."

"Ah. Sorry!" she apologized "What about him?" referring to Erwin

"He's been ready for a while now." I saw a piece of crystal on her desk and she picked it up.. I wonder what it's made of. It reminded me of my ice form. We walked together as we headed to pick up pastor Nick from where we'd been keeping him. Apparently there was a titan in the walls which brought up the question if that's what the walls were made of. Pastor Nick had some information he didn't want to disclose so now he's our prisoner.

"I was wondering if you were okay" Hange looked over at me. "I was going to check up on you but Levi said he'd do it" I looked over to see Levi staring forward

"Yeah he was there when I woke up. But I'm fine now I'm doing better than before. I think I figured out the problem"

"Wow. You're becoming a better scientist than me"

"Than you? Never" she smiled

We finally got the pastor and walked over to the meeting spot. I saw everyone on their horses ready. Hange spoke up.

"Sorry to keep ya!" Mikasa, Eren, and Armin all looked over. She waved her hand "Took longer to prepare than we thought."

"What she means to say is she got distracted." We climbed on the carriage I sat at the edge in front of Mikasa and Levi sat next to me following Nick and Hange.

Armin was confused and asked, "Isn't this a priest from the Order of the walls?"

"Yeah. Nick and I are best buddies." she reached out her arm and wrapped it around the priest in a friendly manner "Right? Don't let him bother you. The whole makeup of this squad doesn't make any sense. Does it, Levi?"

"No, I think it might," Levi said with his signature stoic face staring at Eren. "Erwin picked them out for a reason."

"Open the gate!" Erwin screamed loud enough for everyone to hear. The gate rose "The situation within Wall Rose is unclear. But everything until Ehrmich is safe. We'll save time going through there. Move out!" Everyone began to ride out.

"Move us out" Levi instructed the chauffeur. Everyone stayed quiet and the air felt thick. But the cold wind running through my hair made the situation feel lighter. We rode in quiet for a bit until hange told Eren about the pastor Nick situation

"Huh? He knew? There's Titans inside the walls and he's known about it?!" Eren was obviously mad.

"Yes, though he's kept his mouth shut this entire time. But now he's coming with us to witness the harsh reality. Will his beliefs be strong enough for him to stay silent? Or will seeing with his own eyes make him question himself?"

Eren stood up and placed his hands on the wooden seat in between us "No, no, no, no! This is all backwards! If there's something you know, tell us about it! Nothing's more important than keeping humans from going extinct!" Suddenly Eren grabbed his head in pain. Mikasa grabbed him. Suddenly I felt someone's arm around my waist. It moved down and grabbed my gun. I looked over at Levi and he just looked forward. He must have a plan. I let him take my gun.

"Eren, settle down. You're not fully healed." Mikasa said worriedly.

"There's more than one way to get answers." Levi finally spoke up pointing my gun at pastor Nick's arm through his jacket. So this was his plan "I may be injured and useless right now, but it doesn't take much to watch one man. I'm hoping we can settle this without blasting a hole in anyone. Aren't you?" Although Levi sounds very threatening right now I can't help but smile.