34

I stoke Mond's fur as I awaited to depart. We were about to head out to retake Wall Maria. The sun was setting and there was a long journey ahead of us. I felt someone behind me.

"After this, I'll let you out of the corps if you want" My breath hitched. "We wouldn't have been able to be here without your effort especially recently"

"The fights not over yet. I'll take your orders to the very end"

"I'm glad to hear that Reine"

"Call me Isa" I smiled

"Well, Isa. I hope after this is over we can have a drink"

"I'd like that very much" he nodded and walked away. I finally hoisted myself onto Mond and prepared to dispatch.

I stood atop a tree. I spotted multiple titans. All just sitting. Looks like they really can't move without sunlight then. I climbed down and jumped from tree to tree silently. If there were any enemies I was to take them out. I heard a scream coming from a bit of way back. I ran across branches until I reached the group.

"What happened"

"Jean spotted a titan but it was sleeping" Hange responded.

"Yeah I saw a few from up there but none seem to be moving. Seems like there's no one else here either the path is clear."

"I can't believe we didn't see it till that close-up."

"Yeah, I'm with you there. This moonless night must be protecting us. Light from the moon is reflected sunlight. The new type of Titan... We think they use that minuscule amount of reflected light to move. Using the new moon was the right move. There's no guarantee we won't have a repeat of before. That lad may be one of those "Moonlight Titans" for all we know.  Hope we capture one someday!" she turned to look at me. I chuckled

"I'm sure we will" I smiled. She happily celebrated. Suddenly I felt the air get heavy. I turned around and Eren looks concerned he was shaking.

"What are you shaking for? Are you scared?" Armin asked

"Huh?! I'm not scared!"

"Huh? You're kidding... Look at your hand."

"This is... It's cold! My hand's damn freezing!"

"Really? My whole body's been shaking this whole time. See?" He raised his hand up. I felt bad. Every so often I have to remind myself that they're just kids. Fifteen. And every day they face death. At age 15 I never had to fear for my life. Yeah, I was training every day in the event that something happened. But I never actually thought my village would ever be attacked. Yet here every day is a day full of constant fear that their lives will be taken. I looked back forward and claimed back up to the trees. I ran to the front of the forest and was faced with a city at the edge of the wall. We're here. I jumped down and waited for the group.

We rode in and approached the city. I steadied myself and stood on Mond. I shot out my ODM gear and flew atop the wall. The plan was for Eren to plug the outer gate and then the inner gate. I started running when Armin stopped and looked at something.

"What is it," I asked

"Looks like reminisce of a fire" I kneeled down to touch it. It was cold meaning it'd been a while. Armin called Erwin over.

"What'd you find" Erwin asked

"Looks like they had a fire here."

"Is it just this ash?"

"Well from the looks of it. But I doubt that's the only thing they left behind"

"I'll let you and Arlet look into it" I nodded. I jumped down the Wall and Armin followed. I walked slowly and looked for anything out of place when Armin spoke up.