12

"You've got to be kidding" Erwin scoffed

"No it's true" Pixis explained

"A titan on our side who would've thought?" I interrupted

Pixis just finished telling us what had gone down while we were out. The Colossal Titan appeared out of nowhere breaching the wall. They had gathered all troops and sent them out to hold back the titans while they evacuated. That strategy wasn't working though so they had to retreat. Apparently the cadets of the 104th found a titan who was killing any titan in its path. They decided to use it to clear their path and escape. But once it was out of energy they saw a fellow soldier emerge from its nape. From there a Garrison Captain almost murdered him and his friends but he managed to stop the canon by shielding himself with his titan corpse.

Pixis showed up before they were able to kill them and took over the situation. The kid had mentioned something about his father's basement that might reveal the secrets we've been trying to figure out. That's when Pixis showed up and came up with a plan. To keep everyone in check he basically said this boy was a success of the titan experiments the government had been conducting and they were going to use him to seal the hole. Pretty solid plan except the kid didn't have control of his powers and the whole plan went to shit. He eventually managed to regain consciousness and seal the wall when we showed up.

From there, we took out most of the remaining Titans in Trost while the Garrison Soldiers used cannons on the side of the wall to kill as many as they could. And now here we are in this office deciding what the hell to do next.

"Well, the Military Police don't see it like that. They want to kill him they think he's a threat."

"You said he wasn't aware of his abilities?" Levi butts in

"Well that's what he claims but we can't know for sure" Pixis explains.

"How old is this kid" I interrupt

"Fifteen if our records are correct." This kid is literally a child. But everything is riding on him now.

"And his past? Is he clean?" Levi asks. Of course, he'd be the first to ask.

"Well, yes except for one event, he and his adoptive sister killed some thugs after she was kidnapped."

"Well, that sounds like self-defense to me. And if he has nothing else to prove that he's lying I think we should believe him. I mean think of the possibilities we have with a Titan on our side. Didn't they say he killed like twenty titans before he ran out of energy?" I argued.

"She's got a point," Hange said excitedly. "I could also see what information I can gather from him. I see this as a win for us"

"That's if we can get custody.  He's still in a coma and under the Military Police's command but the second he wakes up the trail is going to start" Erwin explained. "Let's try and see what he's got to say before the trial. Any objections?" No one spoke up "Okay then it's decided." We exited the room and headed our separate ways.

"Oi brat" I didn't have to turn around to know he was talking to me. But I wasn't going to answer him. He sped up and caught up to me. "Why are you so interested in that kid?" here he goes again.

"I'm sorry, is it a crime to want to save Humanity."

"No, but you seem to want to prove his innocence so badly."

"Well innocent until proven guilty as that not how justice works"

"Well normally yes, but isn't in the least bit concerning to you that he's a Titan"

"Well I guess he reminds me of myself"

"So you're telling me you're a titan?"

"You're a fucking idiot if that's what you think I meant by that. I meant he reminds me of myself because everyone seems to question him. Just like 3 years ago when we first met. You swore I was a threat."