10

After securing the titans with more suitable wire and putting them on the carts we moved to the entrance of the forest and prepared to return back to Headquarters. By the looks of it almost everyone made it back and there were very little casualties. I held my back and a flinched as I touched a tender spot.

"You hurt?"

I turned around to face the captain.

"I'm fine"

"Well your back seems to say otherwise"

"Well it'll have to shut up we still have a long way to get back"

"Whatever you say."

"TITASNFKEDNFRNR" I turned my face and saw Hange almost pass out from excitement as she saw what I had brought back for her.

"You like?" I laughed

"YOU DID THIS ISA?" she said with the biggest smile on her face imaginable.

"Well you said you hadn't been able to capture any so I thought I'd surprise you. I also ran out of gas so this was the best option"

"I COULD LITERALLY DIE FROM EXCITEMENT. YOU NEED TO JOIN MY SQUAD NOW"

"When we get back we'll have to ask the commander. But for now, enjoy your present I got to fill up my gas"

"HOW WILL I EVER REPAY YOU"

"It's fine Hange" I smiled and walked away to fill my gas before departure. Once ready I walked over to where Mond was and stroked his fur. "Come on boy lets get you home". I got mounted him and readied myself for departure. The commander explained that we successfully set up the supplies and would be heading back in a tighter formation since we had already scouted the area and it was free of titans.

As we headed back I couldn't help but look back. The sun was starting to set and the fields looked like they were painted oranges and red. It was a beautiful sight it brought me back.

I sat at the top of my roof looking at the sunset when I heard someone behind me.

"WHO'S THERE?" I turned and was faced with a familiar sight

"You scared me Emil"

"What can I not come visit you?" he smiled. God I loved that smile.

"You can just don't scare the crap out of me"

"Can't make any promises the look on your face is priceless"

"Next time I'll knock you off this roof"

"Ouu kinky"

"Only for you" his face was flushed with pink. I always knew how to get a reaction out of him. He walked over and sat next to me. "Isn't the view beautiful" He stared at me.

"Yeah, it is."

"Stop it you're so cheesy"

"Don't lie you love me" Did I? He was my best friend growing up but I don't know if I loved him more than a friend. I apparently stayed quiet a little too long and he noticed. "Oh did that struck a chord?" he smirked. I punched his arm

"No, it didn't I was just thinking back to when we were kids"

"What exactly"

"Remember that time you feel down the well and I had to help you back up" I laughed

"We don't talk about that Isa" he crossed his arms sarcastically "but yes I do it was a tragic accident"

I laughed "It was no accident"