7

The next day was my official introduction into the survey corps. Hange never got around to telling anyone my story. She decided it didn't really change anything. It would probably be better to keep things a secret anyway. Someone who survived in the ice for hundreds of years wasn't exactly seen as a normal thing. If things got out to the public I would probably be seen as a chance a test subject which I already was to Hange even if she didn't want to admit it.

Last night I was able to sleep 2 more hours without having a memory resurface. But woke up early again. I decided to get changed and put on the cape that Hange gave me yesterday. I opened the door and walked to where the mess hall where breakfast would be served. A number of soldiers were already up and chatting away. I got a plate and served myself the sorry excuse for "food". I noticed that no one I knew was here yet so I sat myself at the edge of a table by the window. Honestly, I didn't mind eating alone. I could enjoy my meal this way.

Suddenly the table moved but I didn't bother looking up at the person who sat themselves in front of me.

"Hi I'm Oulo" he stuck out his hand for me to shake it. Normally I would've but he interrupted my peace.

Without looking up I said. "Isa it's a pleasure" which is wasn't

"So I heard you just got admitted yesterday. It's not every day someone gets special entry into the Survey Corps. I think the last person was Captain Levi"

Him? Honestly, I didn't think he would have the talent. I mean he had to be good to be a Captain so I guess it was expected.

"That's nice" I decided to look up to see a man who looked to be in his 40's but somehow still gave off a childish demeanor. He froze in place as I made eye contact with him. He tried to shake off his expression.

"Are you bothering the new recruits again?" a girly voice said from the right. "Sorry about him he tries to get at any woman he sees"

"I was introducing myself Petra. She's a new talent. I thought maybe she would be a good addition to our squad."

"That's not your job Oluo I'm sure the Captain already has his eye on her. Granted everyone does"

Was I really that big of a deal? I don't think I showed off any exceptional talent but to be fair their standards weren't what I'd call high. And the Captain had his eye on me? Every conversation I've had with him seemed like he was completely uninterested in being in my presence.

"Anyway I'm sorry he bothered you I'm Petra" she seems nice I think I'll like her.

"Isa" I nodded my head.

"So how do you like it here so far?"

"Well, the food isn't the best but almost everyone I'd met has been nice. Almost everyone" my mind thought back to the Captain. He was rude but I was too so I guess I reap my woes.

"I'm sure you'll fit in you're like a mystery everyone wants to figure out"

"Yeah I don't think they will"

"Why's that"

"They don't need to know about me"

"I guess that's fair people like to keep their business their own"

"You remind me of the Captain. Especially more than Oluo, he's always trying to impersonate him but fails miserably as you saw earlier"

"Why would anyone want to look like the Captain"

"Do you not know about him?"

"Know about what?"

"He was given the title of Humanity's Strongest Soldier"