35

I heard a giant explosion. Thunder Spears. The plan must be working. Good because I don't think I can help them and we need all the help we can get on this side of the wall. Suddenly the ground began to shake and I heard a giant roar. It was a deep tone I recognized it wasn't Eren's. Uh oh, that's not good. I looked up to see a barrel flying through the air I connected the dots. Fuck. I had no time to think of what was happening though as I sensed a presence behind me. Suddenly a hand came swinging in my direction knocking me against a chimney. I tried to stand up but my legs wouldn't let me I shot out my gear to a taller building near me and hung on the side of it. I tried to catch my breath. I hadn't had time to think. We're just killing these titans but what happens after that. How are we going to get that thing in the wide-open? My eyes widened as I looked around. A path laid itself out. But it was too obvious. My gas was running out I had to salvage what I had left and I had no way of knowing how long this was going it last. Suddenly the ground shook again this time with tremendous force. I looked back and a giant explosion covered the whole sky. It was as if the town blew up. From the smoke of that explosion, god knows how many casualties there were. I ran across the rooftops until I saw him. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"This is it huh," I said smiling

"Shut up brat. You're making it out of here one way or another" I looked into his eyes. He was scared. He's been faced with death a hundred times over but it never does get any less scary. Suddenly a scout landed on the building next to us.

"We're done cleaning up here. The only small ones left are the ones way in the front. Still, how will we take down the Beast Titan? He's perfectly content sitting way over there, not moving an inch."

"Yeah, it seems he's a coward. Not like he's ever had balls to begin with" I chuckled a bit.

"You guys take a break. We'll mop up the rest of the small ones."

"Let's go"

"Roger!" With that, they left.

"Shit" I grabbed his shoulder in reassurance. He stood there in deep thought when suddenly in between our faces a rock flew past us. Without time to think I kneeled down and pulled him down building a small wall of ice to block the incoming debris. Once the rocks stopped coming. I looked up the sky was filled with red crimson.

"Shit you guys!" Levi escaped leaving me behind. I tried to grab his cape but he was out of reach. Without warning, another wave of debris came flying. I jumped down and hid behind the building. There was nothing I could do I felt useless. I ran back to where the other troops were. Just in time to hear Levi order them.

"All of you, retreat to the wall with the horses!"

"Roger!" A giant rock came crashing down hitting a nearby home. They're getting closer.

"Hurry! Stay outta the line of fire!" We all ran forward getting closer to the wall. I stayed in the back to make sure everyone made it. I saw a scout fall to the floor and Levi drag him. There was no time to waste we needed to move. I looked forward and saw Erwin swing down from the wall.

"How's it looking"

"Terrible. His throws have destroyed the front line of houses. If he keeps on throwing everything will get leveled. We won't have anywhere left to hide."

"We can't retreat to the other side of the wall? "

"No. The Colossal Titan is already heading this way. Spreading fire along his path. Supposing we scale the wall to evade the stones, we'd have to leave the horses. If we retreat here, there's no hope for victory." My suspicions were correct and I wasn't too happy about it.