What happened to my ray sunshine?

(1 weeks, 3 days ago)
(y/n) POV
'How long has it been?' I thought. It has been more than a week since my parents were attacked. Weeks since I have attended school. Weeks since I have gone outside my room. All I have ever done was stay home, scroll through the net to check whether the problem has spread to other places. Surprisingly, no freaking cases were even there!? 'What the hell!? Is that even possible!' I thought. 'Is Elyssa fine? I tried talking to her but she is never online. ' I opened my door a bit and peeked to see the situation and then I stepped outside 'You know what. Screw this hiding imma go and check whether she is fine! ' I thought.
Elyssa lived pretty far from my place so it was a long walk. Reaching her door I prepped myself up with my weapon which was a baseball bat and waited....and waited... "Where is that girl? " I thought. 'She can't be dead right? She should be safe at home right. But what if she isn't? What if I came too late? What if sh-' "(Y/N)!!" a voice screamed from above. I whipped by head up to see who called me and it was none other than.. "Elyssa! " I said in relief. 'Atleast you're alive. ' "HELP ME!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING! PLEASE I-I'M SCARED! " She said crying in fear.
"H-hey don't worry,  look just jump down.  I'll catch you Ok? " I asked trying to console her. Without thinking twice she jumped and I caught her. "Ha! Caught you. " I said smiling at her, knowing she will not leave me like my family did. 'I promise you I will keep you safe Elyssa. As a friend I promise you. ' "Obviously you should!  You wouldn't leave me to fall to my death, hell! even let me trip." She said clutching onto me for her dear life. "Um..could you let go of me, y-your heavy." I said trying to put her down. "Hah! What did you say! " She was furious but still she slowly got down to her feet. "No-nothing ma'am!!" I said raising my hands in defence.

No one's POV
(y/n) and Elyssa walked for what seems like hours heck even days. "Soo...What now?? " Elyssa asked. The latter just shrugged not knowing what to respond with. Suddenly a turned jumped from nowhere. Elyssa screamed not knowing what to do and got frozen there in fear. (y/n) on the other hand grabbed the bat and smashed it through the creature. Elyssa stood there in shock, even spending her childhood with them has she ever seen her friend hurt any creature as she knew they had a passive behavior. But this was not who they were from childhood they were no longer the (y/n) she knew. A tear slipped from her eye thinking, 'What happened to my ray of sunshine? Where is the person I knew. What had these couple of weeks done to you?' Once (y/n) was done beating the creature to death which was obviously messy turned towards Elyssa to check whether she was alright and nothing happened to her.

(A/n: yes (y/n) is a very protective friend of Elyssa. They wouldn't let any bullies get close to her and kept her away from any trouble nearby).

"Are you okay Elly?" (y/n) asked purely worried. 'Elly.. You still call me that. You seriously are my childhood friend (y/n) but you have changed a lot (y/n), a lot.' Elyssa thought. "Y-yeah, just a bit shaken up from what just happened." Elyssa said reassuringly. "If you say so.." (y/n) said a bit concerned. "You know, (y/n), you have changed a lot. And it terrifies me to know that my friend is no longer the ray of sunshine I knew. " Elyssa said with tears brimming near the rims of her eyes. (y/n) just stood there nodding in agreement knowing how much you have changed. "You would obviously change after the experience you have gone through you know." (y/n) said in serious yet soft tone. "Losing one's parents then not being able to protect the close ones. It pisses me off,  that is why" (y/n) turned towards Elyssa then continued, "I want to protect you and at least keep it in my mind when I die that I haven't died in vain but by knowing that I protected you." Hearing this Elyssa started to cry then hugged (y/n) then told softly, "Promise me you won't die and you won't leave me alone.  Then I will also promise to stay by your side as a family and friend till the end. " She looked up waiting for an answer.
                                               "I promise."
____________________________________________________________________

(808 words)