Chapter 12 - The Institute Pt. 1/5

Y/n P.O.V

Jin: "Hm? Is there a problem with that, Y/n?"

Y/n: "No problems at all, sir..however I could just run to my house, it only takes 10 minutes or so, sir."

Jin: "In the middle of the thick fog and rain? You could get sick, Y/n, especially with no umbrella."

Kyoko: "Wait, dad, don't we have umbrellas here too?"

Jin: "No, Kyoko, the umbrellas I ordered haven't been delivered yet, or are you opposed to the idea of Y/n staying here?"

Kyoko: "No, dad, not at all.."

Jin: "Then, Y/n, you should stay here, I will find a place for you to sleep eventually, for now you could stay in the living room."

Y/n: "Eh..alright, sir, thank you for your kindness..."

Jin: "Don't you dare have any dirty thoughts?"

Y/n: "No, sir..not at all.."

Jin: "Good."

     He walked upstairs after finishing his words, I looked at Kyoko who seems to also be surprised, I guess it's about her father letting me stay at this house.

Y/n: "Well...is that fine with you, Kyoko?"

Kyoko: "Y-yeah, I am just surprised he let you stay here after all, he was never like that."

Y/n: "He's a good dad though, he's cool above all the things."

Kyoko: "Yeah, right..."

Y/n: "If you don't mind, where is the bathroom?"

Kyoko: "Oh, there's one upstairs and another one in my room."

Y/n: "I see, you don't mind me taking a shower now right?"

Kyoko: "No..not at all."

Y/n: "Alright, then, see you at dinner, Kyoko."

Kyoko: "See you..Y/n.."

     I walked upstairs, there were quite a lot of rooms on the second floor, I opened each room after each room, trying to find the bathroom.

     Just as I opened the next room, I came upon a room with lots of files, a bed and a desk with a laptop on it.

     I walked inside the room and looked around, it was a basically a room that suites detective at most so I thought it was Kyoko room, there was also another door inside the room, when I opened it, it's of course a bathroom just like Kyoko said.

     I walked to the laptop and opened it, I came across a file named "Genocide Jack Case", don't tell me Kyoko was investigating on the notorious serial killer "Genocide Jack"?

     I opened the file, the file itself was still empty, that means Kyoko didn't work on it yet, I was relieved, I honestly didn't want her to work a case as dangerous as this one.

     I closed the file and closed the laptop then walked out of the room, just not to raise any suspicions that is.

     I opened the room next to Kyoko room, it was the bathroom, there was a bathtub inside along with a shower, I noticed there was no towel but that should be fine.

     I took off my clothes and prepared the hot water in the bathtub before I entered the tub, it was quite relaxing considering all the things I and Kyoko have gone through today.

     I rested and relaxed in the tub, however after around five minutes, there was a silhouette of someone outside, I thought it was Kyoko's father, however I was wrong.