Chapter 3: Escape

Dixie's Pov
We've been driving for around 10 minutes now. "Are we almost there" I say with a pouty face. "Yes just be patient" he says keeping his eyes on the road. We finally arrive at this cute ice cream shop.
It has seats inside and outside. "Awh griff this is so cute" I say and give him a hug. "Now let's get some ice cream!" I say all hyped. He just laughs at me. We walk in and I order cookie dough and he orders mint chocolate chip. We go and sit at a table for two and start chatting. I steal some of his ice cream. "Heyyy that's mine" he says. "I was just trying it" I say in a sad tone. "Here" he hands me his ice cream. "I don't want all of it" I giggle and push it back to him. "Your laugh is the greatest thing in the world" he says while smiling. I start blushing "thank you" I say. We continue eating our ice cream and now it's 10pm. We walk back to his car. "We're we going now" I say all hyper. "Just wait" he says. I pout. We make it to the beach. "But I don't have any swimming clothes on" I say. "Who cares lets just have fun" he says. The sun is already down and it's just the moonlight that is helping us see. I take my hoodie off and now I'm in a sports bra. I take my jeans off too. Griffin just stares at me. I giggle and feel his arms around my waist. He runs to the water and throws me in. I come back up and yell at him. "GRIFFIN!" I yell. He just laughs. We start to get cold so we head back to shore. I'm still in my bra and underwear so I just throw on my jeans and hoodie. Griffin puts back on his shirt and pants. We're both soaked. He sits on the sand and I sit next to him. We lay down on the sand and look up at the stars. "The Sky is always pretty at night" I say breaking the silence. "not as pretty as you" griffin whispers and I hear him. "What did you say" I say looking at him blushing. "Uh nothing" he says. I start to shiver as the cold crisp air of the night hits my wet hair and clothes. Griffin helps me up and we stop for a moment. We're now looking into each others eyes. He moves closer now revealing his warm breath on my face. It gives me chills. He slowly connects our lips. His lips are soft and move in sync with mine. He puts his hand on my waist and pulls me closer. I wrap my arms around his neck. The kiss isn't too long. He pulls away slowly putting our foreheads together. I smile at him. "Thank you for tonight" I say. "Anything for you" he says. I reconnect our kiss this time pulling his head closer to mine. We fall back on the sand and we start dying laughing. I get on his lap and kiss him again. We slowly pull away and get up. He intertwines our fingers and we walk to his car. It's 12am now. "I don't wanna go back griffin" I say while frowning. "But our clothes are all wet" he says looking at me. "I know but can't we watch a movie or something" I say. "Yeah of course just let me stop at sway and you can wear some of my clothes" he says while smiling. I nod.

We get to sway and griffin sneaks me up to his room. He pulls out gray sweats and a hoodie. I take his clothes and go to his bathroom go change. I throw on his clothes then go back into his room. He's wearing sweats with a hoodie also. "Wow that looks better on you then it does on me" he says. I start blushing "oh shut it" I say. We sneak back down the stairs and get to his car. We wanted to go to the movie theater instead of watching it at sway. He starts driving and puts his hand on my thigh. I smile.

It's now 12:30am and we make it to the theater. We choose to watch 'IT' and sit all the way in the back. There were only like 1 or 2 people on the theater with us considering it was late and on a weekday. The other people sat in front of us. The movie started at 12:50. I kept getting jump scared and would grab onto griffins hand. We're now half way through the movie and I go and sit on griffins lap and cuddle into him. He strokes my hair helping my heart rate go down.

It's now 3:30am. I'm exhausted. The movie finally finished so we started walking back to the car. I was practically falling asleep in the car. I could feel griffins hand on my thigh. "You ready to go home" griffin said. "Yeah I'm so tired" I say while looking at him. We make it to the hype house and I thank Griffin for the amazing night. I kiss his cheek and he blushes. I get out of the car and go inside. To my surprise I see Alex and Kouver on the couch. They look over at me. "Were have you been" Alex asks. "Yeah and who's clothes are those" kouver said. Crap I forgot about griff's clothes. "Uh I was out with a friend and these are my clothes" I said already walking up the stairs. I get to my room and close the door. I take off his sweatpants and just leave the hoodie on. I brush my teeth and go flop on my bed. I get a text from griffin.
Griffin
Hey I made it home safe!

Okay good! Thank you again for the amazing night☺️

Anytime! Goodnight beautiful <3

Goodnight Griff <3
*chat ended*

Dixie's Pov
I was blushing. I liked griffin a lot. I put my phone down and feel my eyes slowly shut. I drift off into a deep sleep.

Griffin's Pov
I just got done texting Dixie. God she is literally the best girl in the world. I should ask her on a date. Hmm. I'll do it soon. I look over and see Dixie's wet cloths on my floor. I giggle and put them in my bathtub. I'll just give them to her tomorrow. I thought. And it's just another excuse to see her. Today was one of the best days I've had in a while. She definitely makes me the happiest. I flip down on my bed and slowly become tired. I fall asleep smiling.

A/N: Yay a double update!!!! I might even write another one but I'm not sure. Hopefully I don't fall asleep but I'm tired I barley got any sleep last night. Anyway enough about me! If you like my story you can vote if you want. Oh and leave on the comments any suggestions you want to see happen in this book! Thank you for all the support <3
(Words 1207)