Chapter 10: Pain

Dixie's Pov
I wake up to griffins arms still tightly around me. The sun is peaking through my window very softly. It must be early. I slowly slip under and through griffins arms. I grab my phone and check the time. It's 6:30am. I grab some sweats and a black shirt from my luggage. They still haven't caught Tayler yet. I'm still anxious. I go and get in my shower. It's pretty nice. I take a shower but I hear something outside the bathroom door. It sounds like panicking. "DIXIE WERE ARE YOU" I hear griffin yell. "I'm in the shower" I say back. I hear him swing open the bathroom door and let out a sigh of relief. "What's wrong babe" I say. "Just paranoid I guess"he says standing there. "I'm almost done in the shower and I'm here and I'm safe so go lay back down and calm down" I say. "Alright babe" he says with his hand on his head as he walks out the door. I feel like griffin is more paranoid than I am. I get out a few minutes late and I put on the clothes I picked out. I walk over to close the shower door and I slip in a puddle and twist my ankle. I lay on the floor feeling dizzy. I hear running footsteps and I hear the door swing open. "Omg Dixie are you okay!" He yells in panic. "Yeah I'm fine I just twisted my ankle" I say with small tears in my eyes. He grabs under my shoulders and try's to help me stand up but I can't stand on my ankle still. Griffin helps me get onto his back and he carry's next to the bedroom and lays me on the bed. "Stay here" he says. I mean I couldn't move anyway. He came back moments later with ice and an ankle brace. "Jeez do you just carry these things around" I say. "Always gotta be prepared" he comes over and looks at my ankle and moves it a bit causing me to scream in pain. "It looks like a major sprain but you should be fine if you stay off it" he says. "Thank you griffin" I say looking into his eyes. He grabs the ice and places it gently on my foot. He holds it there. "Any news on Tayler" I say with a scratchy voice. "No but we're safe here" he says. We look into eachothers eyes and I pull his shirt towards me. He connects our lips and seconds later he slowly pulls away. He takes the ice off. I'm still in pain. He slowly slips the brace on while I squirm in the bed trying not to scream in pain. He runs to the living room and gets me a pillow to prop my foot up. He comes over and pecks my lips I thank him again and he goes and grabs our bags. I watch as he unpacks. "I wish I could help you I hate watching you do all the work" I say. "I know but right now you need rest and soon you'll feel better" he says looking at me and smiling. It's around 8am now. I feel my stomach growl and I lay there in bed and close my eyes. I hear griffin shuffling around putting things away. Then I feel him lightly place himself on the bed and he goes on his phone. I hear his phone ring a little while later and he goes to the door. He comes back in and I see I-Hop in his hands. I pop my head up and smile at him. "Ahhh thank you so much" I say smiling. "Your welcome" he says back with a huge smile. He walks over and hands me my usual order of pancakes and he turns on a movie while we eat.

It's now 12pm and we finished eating. I'm sitting in the same position and griffin is next to me. "Hey griffin I'm hot can you grab me a pair of comfy shorts so I can change" I ask. "Of course" he says and he goes and grabs my black comfy shorts. "Can you help" I ask. He blushes a little but nods yes. He helps slip my pants off and he helps put my shorts on. The he comes over to his side of the bed. He scoot a closer to me and hugs my body while my foot is still laying on the pillow.

It's now 2pm and my ankle is throbbing. I start to screech in pain again. Griffin quickly gets up and takes the brace off. My ankle is extremely swollen. Come on we're going to the Emergency Room. He says while carrying me bridal position. He grabs me some slides but just carry's them while holding me. I nuzzle my face into his chest and cry softly. He opens the front door and rushes out to the elevator. He kisses my head trying to comfort me. Moments later the elevator opens and he goes out to his car. He opens the passenger side door and lightly sets me down on the seat. He kisses my head and closes the door then he runs around to his side. He grabs my hand as I scream in pain again and squeeze his hand. He starts driving to the ER as quickly as possible. A few minutes later we arrive and he carry's me inside. He sets me on one of the chairs and he goes and signs me in. Moments later a nurse comes in and puts me on a rolling bed (I'm not sure the actual name and I don't feel like searching it up). I lay there and griffin walks beside it as we get put into a room. The nurse says it will take around 5 minutes for the doctor to get in but she'll try and get him to hurry. She leaves the room and my foot throbs again. I let out tears and try not to scream. "It's going to be alright I'm right here" he says and squeezes my hand and gives it a kiss. I try to smile at him but I get another throbbing pain. "I'm going to text Charli but that's it" he says. "Okay" I say back in a shaky voice. Moments later the doctor comes in and asks me questions. Then she takes me back to the X-Ray room while griffin waited in the regular room. I was nervous without griffin. He made me feel safe. They took my X-Rays and it was painful. Then they rolled me back to my room. Griffin held my hand as they developed the X-Ray's. It was going to take a few minutes. "I told Charli what's going on and I'll tell her when it's okay to come and see you is that okay" Griff asks. "Yeah" I say. I squeeze his hand as my ankle has a sharp pain shoot through it. At this point my eyes are swollen from crying. The doctor comes in with the X-Rays. "Okay so it looks like you have a small fracture in the fibula but it should heal right up with a cast" she says. "Okay thank you doctor" griffin says for me because I'm having another sharp pain. "The nurse will be back in a moment with your supplies for a cast" the nurse says. "Okay" I say back. She closes the door. I start tearing up. "It's okay dix this could've been way worse" he says giving my hand another soft kiss. I slowly stop crying. I'm so tired. I look at the time and it's already 4pm. I'm kinda hungry too hopefully this won't take too much longer. A little while later the nurse comes in with the cast material. "Okay sweetie what color are you feeling" she says. "I'll do black" I say and she smiles at me. She begins wrapping my foot and making the cast. It kind of hurts so I squeeze griffins hand. She finishes the cast and they give me crutches. I'm so exhausted. It's now 5pm. Griffin told Charli what was happening and told her to come and visit tomorrow but just her. They place me in a wheel chair. They told me the healing process might only take three weeks considering the small fracture but on average it takes six weeks for a more severe fracture. Griffin holds my crutches as the nurse pushes me to his car. Griffin picks me up and places me in the car. I thank the nurse and he closes the door. He throws my crutches in the backseat and he gets into the driver side seat. He leans in and pecks my lips. "Thank you for everything griffin I really appreciate it" I say looking into his eyes. "I'll always be there for you Dixie" he says back. I pull him back in for a kiss then he slowly pulls away and grabs my hand. He starts to drive but before we get back to my apartment we stop at Chick-Fil-A. We both order chicken sandwiches then we eat them in the parking lot and laugh and talk about random stuff. He made me forget about this whole day. I was so happy with him.

It's now 6pm. We are now driving home. Griffin still has his hand in mine. We finally make it to my apartment and he gets out and gets my crutches for me. I'm really weak right now so it's hard. Griffin helps me into his back and he carry's me and the crutches. We go up the elevator and to my apartment. He carry's me all the way to the bed and sets me down. I already had comfy shorts on but I wanted to change my shirt. "Hey griffin can you grab me one of my cropped tanks please" I say while laying on the bed. "Of course" he says grabbing it out and handing it to me. He turns around so I can change. "Your fine griffin it's not like you haven't seen me like this before" I say. He turns back around and giggles. He goes over to his closet and gets out sweats while I change my shirt. He changes his pants then he leaves his shift off. "Do you need anything else babe" he asks. "No I just really wanna sleep" I say back while laying down. He comes over to me and helps me under the covers. I hate how bulky the cast is but at least it stopped the pain. He gives me a peck on the lips then he goes to his side and gets under the covers. I scoot closer to him and he wraps his arms around me. "Goodnight stinky" he whispers. I have my eyes closed and I soon drift off to sleep.

A/N: hey everyone I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Oh and a quick disclaimer... I know tayler would never like do any of this in real life this is just a story and most of these things never happened so don't take it to seriously. I hope you have a good day/night <3
(Words 1887)