Entry 1

Kakashi Hatake.

It's almost impossible to recognise the place. The village has changed so much.

   It has been a month since Nagato destroyed Konoha, and many old faces have appeared since then. The bridge builder and his grandson are helping to rebuild houses, and the Hokage has been promised the best that a carpenter can craft.

   Naruto has spent much of his time in training with Yamato and myself. It has certainly paid off. His chakra control is something to marvel at, and his strength of will astounding. No wonder Jiriya took him under his wing. You'd be proud of him, Minato sensei.

   It is my turn to guard the southern gate today. There have been many people, entering and leaving the village.

   I don't really keep watch. - I read my book. (As well as being one of the legendary Sannin, Jiriya was an amazing author.)

   It is then that I sense a familiar chakra, pulsating and well concealed. It is moving quickly through the forest, towards me. The book is away in an instant, and instead I carry a kunai. They halt, directly outside the gate as I step from the guard hut.

   I stand before the stranger, hand in pocket, kunai twirling between my fingers. I find it odd that I am staring at one more strange in appearance than even me.

   She wears a leaf headband over both of her eyes, a green chunin vest, and a black Konoha jumpsuit. Her hair is blonde, tied neatly with a dark blue ribbon. Her fringe almost completely obscures her headband, though it is fairly obvious that she has no need of sight.

   I remember her. But not her name, nor her clan.

   Shifting my weight from one foot to the other, I begin to walk in her direction.

   "This is the leaf village, is it not?" she asks me, tilting her head to the side.

   I pause before answering, "It was. Do I know you?"

   Raising her head, she smiles. "You should, but I won't blame you if you can't remember, or if even our classmates have forgotten me." She chuckles, her accent foreign. "I wish to speak to Lady Hokage, when she has a minute."

   I frown. "Any particular reason why?"

   "I have a mission report to hand in. It's a little late, and I know you're short staffed, but it is long overdue and has travelled a great distance."

   Of course. I reply, "I'll escort you to her tent."

Lady Tsunade seems unhappy with our intrusion. I take it with hands raised in surrender.

   "Lady Tsunade, my apologies for the sudden event. But I believe that this is important." I cough, nodding in the direction of the stranger. "More important than rebuilding the village."

   Tsunade closes her eyes in frustration. "NOTHING is more important than rebuilding the village. Not even a..." She stammers as the stranger enters the room.

   "It is I who should apologise, my Lady." She bows low, her fair hair sweeping the floor.

Tsunade rises from her position on the tatami mats on the floor, eyes wide, eyebrows high. She inhales sharply before returning the bow. Honestly, I am now completely confused.

   The stranger tilts her head, seemingly as confobulated as I.

   "My Lady, never should you lower your head to one so unimportant as myself." The stranger frowns, biting her lower lip in anguish.

   With a sigh, Tsunade shakes her head before taking the stranger's hand and saying, "I'm so sorry, young one." A single tear escapes her eye as she recalls a haunting memory. "I wish I had been there to prevent it."

   There is nothing I nor the stranger can do as we watch Tsunade break down in front of us. The younger woman takes a few steps towards the Hokage, but stops short, turning her head as if asking for permission. I nod once. She proceeds to take Tsunade by the wrists, then lowers herself to the Hokage's level. If she were not covering her eyes, I would say she were staring into Tsunade's soul. Searching for answers.

   "Ma'am, I do wonder why you cry. I am here to deliver this." She releases Tsunade's hands in order to retrieve something from a belt pouch. I tense in anticipation.

   She pulls out a black scroll, placing it in Tsunade's hand. She begins to open the scroll when...

"LADY HOKAGE!!!!!!!"