Entry 4

Hana Namikaze.

I stretch as I yawn, pushing against the comfortable plush stuff beneath me. Rolling my shoulders, I slip out of the covers.

   Covers... Covers.........

I fell asleep in a tree, not in a bed! I panic for a second before I recognise the chakra of the other person in the room. Pale, almost white. I'd call it silver. Like his father's, only stronger.

   I sit, touching my bare feet to the polished wooden floor. From most surfaces, I can sense where everything touching that surface is. Thus, this minor skill has allowed me to see without the use of my eyes. With combined chakra nature of earth, water and wind styles, I can see almost everything. Even things that a man with eyes cannot.

   Kakashi lies on a futon, about three metres away. I daren't wake him, though I must question his actions.

   I pad carefully out of the bedroom and into a short hallway leading to a small kitchenette. There's a good amount of food in the cupboards, so I decide to cook breakfast.

Kakashi Hatake.

   I wake to the smell of toast. That's odd, I think, because I live alone. Then I remember.

   Hana.

In a flash, I'm dressed presentably and on my way to the kitchen.

  There I find her, at the stove, cracking eggs into a frying pan she whisking them. She doesn't seem to have noticed me.

   "Good morning, Kakashi." she says cheerily, reading my mind. "I hope you like your eggs scrambled."

   I sigh, deeply, and go to take the toast from the grill. I'm stopped by a hand holding a knife. Peering at it, I realise it is a butter knife, handle towards me. Chuckling, I take it and a plate to the table where I proceed to spread butter on the toast.

   I see that there is also bacon, sausages and tomatoes on the table as Hana places the plate of egg in the centre. She takes off a cooking apron and sits at the table. I follow suit.

   "Why?" I ask her. She might be raising an eyebrow, but I can't tell, as her headband covers them.

   "Why not?" she replies, smirking strangely. She shrugs, then says, "Dig in. It's getting cold."

   I remove my mask to eat, and she says nothing of it. The food is good, better even than my own cooking. Hana eats very little of it, so I eat a little more than my share. By the end, the plates are empty and she's smiling again.

   I don't really do small talk, and am grateful when she leaves the table to wash up, although I interrupt her.

   "You're a guest here." I murmur, "I'll tidy up." She coughs, nodding, then heads for the door, picking up her boots on the way.

   Then, she's gone and I'm left to clean the dishes.